Cross Green Graves?

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

LeeJ wrote: I'll try but if anyone lives near them it'd be worth nipping over to look. I only pass on me way to work. Hope to be out tomorrow! Will try to get round there too

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

There's a definite cirlcle outline in the grass around those stones isn't there?    
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Phill_dvsn wrote: There's a definite cirlcle outline in the grass around those stones isn't there?     Does make you wonder doesn't it. Don't bounce too hard on it!( real stabin the dark - if it is a shaft, not memorials to an accident in times past? There were a few in that area weren't there? None of your kit down there is there Cardi??))    

LeeJ

Post by LeeJ »

the actual stones look like they've been there for hundreds of years, moss green, slanted. If ya get there before me take a photo to put on here. strange. There's a large church on the other side of the main road, bit far away though to be part of that.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

LeeJ wrote: the actual stones look like they've been there for hundreds of years, moss green, slanted. If ya get there before me take a photo to put on here. strange. There's a large church on the other side of the main road, bit far away though to be part of that. Still a problem posting pictures - you were lucky with these - but hang onto any for later if they fail!

LeeJ

Post by LeeJ »

may be a long shot but I've emailed ACS Stainless Steel. Thats their building next to them. lol

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

LeeJ wrote: may be a long shot but I've emailed ACS Stainless Steel. Thats their building next to them. lol good call - you're getting into it I think, can become an obsession though!

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

chameleon wrote: LeeJ wrote: may be a long shot but I've emailed ACS Stainless Steel. Thats their building next to them. lol good call - you're getting into it I think, can become an obsession though! yes,its a slippery slope.Im not aware of any church/chapel there that would account for a local source for potential gravestones.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

chemimike wrote: There is nothing marked on the 1906 map, but they are in the grounds of what was Sanford House Lining it up it looks the be the bottom of snake lane as you say in the grounds of sandford House. there are a couple of small structures at the bottom of the lane on the map. Cottages or outhouses who knows. Speedwell Pit was around here too but maybe further down.Anyway it's a race to see who gets to see them first!!!I wish I had seen this thread earlier as I passed this afternoon. Looking forward to finding out more.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

The Parksider wrote: chemimike wrote: There is nothing marked on the 1906 map, but they are in the grounds of what was Sanford House Lining it up it looks the be the bottom of snake lane as you say in the grounds of sandford House. there are a couple of small structures at the bottom of the lane on the map. Cottages or outhouses who knows. Speedwell Pit was around here too but maybe further down.Anyway it's a race to see who gets to see them first!!!I wish I had seen this thread earlier as I passed this afternoon. Looking forward to finding out more. As above, there is an old shaft noted nearby!