The House in the middle of Adel Woods

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
spainboy

Post by spainboy »

Lilysmum wrote: DavidYork wrote: Was it maybe that abandoned approved school for naughty boys? The little village sort of thing with the church and the swimming pool? I can't remember what it was called now...Haha, I remember hearing about the Moonies and Devil Worshippers in Adel Woods. When we were kids we used to arm ourselves with homemade bow and arrows and butter knives and go "hunting" them. We never saw any, but it was usually about 2:00 in the afternoon during the 6 week holidays... :-/Haha, an interesting thread would be to retell the stories you heard about the goings on in those woods! I remember my friend Wayne Barber (RIP) telling about the time he saw the devil worshippers sacrificing a woman in the woods, and he was hid in a pond with only a Burger King straw to breathe through. He was there for hours before they went! Haha... Scared the [edited for content] put of me when I was about 11 years old! Another one was when an older girl told me about going to Devil's Rock and putting her hand in the hole, and the hole closed up and something tried to grab her hand, then her friends pulled her out and as they all ran away flames burst from the floor beneath their feet and they ran all the way home!!!!! Man, I wish I was still young enough to believe tales like that!!     Think you will find quite a bit about the "secret Village" on here if you do a search. The words can, opening and worms spring to mind!! Tell me more Lilysmum. Im intregued now.Devils rock?Was that in Adel Woods? I wasn't familiar to that area basically cos I lived on Nursery lane and rarely went over to the Cranny estate. Infact im not too sure where the seven archies exactly is.Wasnt there some sort of giant rock near Alwoodley school just off Deanswood Drive (just past paul hunter's house R.I.P).

DavidYork

Post by DavidYork »

Devil's Rock was a bit further back from Alwoodley Park, near the car park on Stairfoot lane. It had a pretty cool tree there, which had grown it's roots all over and through a big boulder. It was cool... The Devil's rock itself was like a mini bus sort of size and covered in graffiti... Not a lot too it really. The myth was more impressive than the reality. that Secret Village has threads on here. Just enter Secret Village into the search option.

spainboy

Post by spainboy »

DavidYork wrote: Devil's Rock was a bit further back from Alwoodley Park, near the car park on Stairfoot lane. It had a pretty cool tree there, which had grown it's roots all over and through a big boulder. It was cool... The Devil's rock itself was like a mini bus sort of size and covered in graffiti... Not a lot too it really. The myth was more impressive than the reality. that Secret Village has threads on here. Just enter Secret Village into the search option. I know where you mean now.I guess the rock is still there and not been dismantled like everything else.Ill check out the secret village threads.Is this where that secret village is or is no one supposed to know?I heard it was in Adel somewhere.    

DavidYork

Post by DavidYork »

No, loads of people know where it is. It is in Adel. It's easy to find. You can Google it for photos, it's just that I can't remember for the life of me what it is called and I am too lazy too find out!! Oh sod it, I am off to check....*5 minutes later*Eastmoor Secure Unit. Some pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn ... 26/detail/

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

DavidYork wrote: No, loads of people know where it is. It is in Adel. It's easy to find. You can Google it for photos, it's just that I can't remember for the life of me what it is called and I am too lazy too find out!! Oh sod it, I am off to check....*5 minutes later*Eastmoor Secure Unit. Some pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn ... 26/detail/ HERE WE GO AGAINROUND347566644453333300DING! DING!    
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

spainboy

Post by spainboy »

DavidYork wrote: No, loads of people know where it is. It is in Adel. It's easy to find. You can Google it for photos, it's just that I can't remember for the life of me what it is called and I am too lazy too find out!! Oh sod it, I am off to check....*5 minutes later*Eastmoor Secure Unit. Some pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn ... 26/detail/ Looks rather spooky.Hard to tell any of them buildings are from I can see in the middle of Adel woods although it probably is.not sure if the site is still there as Ive just read the council had sold it to Barretts last year to make new houses.When im in Leeds this summer ill have a drive down as far as i can before im tresspassing in to the site.God, didnt realise I grew up so close to a deserted ghostly forgotton village.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Brandy wrote: DavidYork wrote: No, loads of people know where it is. It is in Adel. It's easy to find. You can Google it for photos, it's just that I can't remember for the life of me what it is called and I am too lazy too find out!! Oh sod it, I am off to check....*5 minutes later*Eastmoor Secure Unit. Some pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn ... 26/detail/ HERE WE GO AGAINROUND347566644453333300DING! DING!     ooooooh ek. Hope his family aren't lokking in. I'm off