The eyes have it

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
FLITZ

Post by FLITZ »

It must be over thirty years since my grandad passed away but I recently recalled a story to my daughter which completely freaked her out,my grandad always was protective of his family he was a great story teller even if they were a few tall ones in there, we would sit at his feet listening intently to every word, so when he passed on we were all sad, shortly after the funeral my gran lost a pair of her favourite earings they were circular and blue green in colour, try as she might she looked everywhere in the flat where she and grandad had lived but could not find them, then her glasses went missing now you could hardly miss these things they were like something dame edna everidge would wear, but for two days we all searched the flat but to no avail, she was most upset about this and add that to the fact of the recent funeral then we were all concerned, so much so that my mum decided to take her shopping to replace said items.They seemed to try everywhere but could not find anything close to the missing goods, so they headed for home, it was only when they got home and entered the living room that they made an astonishing and slightly creepy dicovery, there on the mantlepiece were the missing glasses unfolded as though someone was wearing them and behind each lens was a blue green earing paced as though they were eyes, was grandad giving us his last story to tell our kids?

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

Flitz, that is a great story! What a sense of humour he must have had! That story doesn't spook me at all, it tickled me when I read it!!For many years, my things have kept disappearing and reappearing! I have the spirit of a young girl in my house, but I'm not sure that it's her that does it. My mum had various signs from her dad like this. It was usually in times of need that they happened. (I lost my mum suddenly, 2 weeks ago this monday. I was all she had and she very much believed in the afterlife. We've had too much proof over the years not to. My maternal great aunt was a clairvoyant, though only for family, never as a profession).So, I am hoping at some point my mum will leave me a sign that all is well and that I have done all the right things for her. And I'm not some kind of nut who is clinging on to weird beliefs in my grief. I have seen it many times before.I'm still thinking Flitz, that you should write a book!!! I'll buy your first copy!! Have just bought Haunted Leeds, but not had time, obviously, to look at it yet.

FLITZ

Post by FLITZ »

Hi Leeds lass I have often thought about a book but never plucked up the courage to get on with it, we used to go to the craft market under the dark arches in leeds, when we were there once there was a woman who was giving tarot readings i'm not always 100% sure about mediums and tarot readers but she asked me if I would like a free sitting, like a true yorkshire man owt for nowt I agreed she told me I had a guardian with me and that as long as i wanted them there they would protect me, two weeks later I was driving my truck across the humber bridge when a voice inside my head said change lanes, without question I did at that moment the waggon in front of me shed it's load, if I had not changed lanes I would have been in a very bad way, and without tempting fate I can honestly say I have never been involved in a serious accident despite being a hgv driver for some twenty years.

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

So now tell me you don't believe eh Flitz?!! I read Tarot cards too, though I'm a novice, they're suprisingly accurate. The lady who read yours must have also worked with spirit, as that kind of informtion about spirit guides won't come from the cards themselves. I'm sure you'd do a great book, especially with all the info you've amassed over the years. And it would be a good seller, being of local interest. Life's too short and it would be a shame for all your hard work to go to waste? (My mum left me a manuscript of a book she'd written, all by hand, so at some point I'm going to type it up and try get it published, in her honour. Hers is a fiction though. But a ghost story nonetheless!!!) Have a think about it at least! ;-)

FLITZ

Post by FLITZ »

Hi leeds lass i've finally started that book your story if it's ok with you will be going in.