UFOS???

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
olli77

Post by olli77 »

the only leeds ufo story i have is a bit weak, but here it goes, back when i was at uni i was at out on the benches outside whitelocks staring up at the night sky, while my mate was at the bar (getting the first drink of the evening i must add, i wasnt drunk...yet) and i was looking at the stars or in particular a cluster of three bright stars aranged in a triangle, they did seem really bright, much brighter than the stars around them (not been into astrology i couldnt tell you what constelation, but there was a lot of stars in the sky that night) and and it was a really nice autumn night too. i must have stared at the stars for a few seconds all three of them just glittering there in the sky before one of them just shot off out of view leaving just two stars were there was three just moments earlier, the star was stationary for a while before it shot out of view and when i say shot out of view i mean it wasnt a slow accelaration it just darted from a stationary position away in an isatnt, so...UFO or shooting star or none or the above? told you it was weak, but its at least its true, anyone with astrological knowledge out there who can explain how that could happen naturally, you know trick of the light or something, swampgas reflecting off venus, you know somethig like that or did i see a craft of intergalactic visitors setting off home

simong

Post by simong »

olli77 wrote: the only leeds ufo story i have is a bit weak, but here it goes, back when i was at uni i was at out on the benches outside whitelocks staring up at the night sky, while my mate was at the bar (getting the first drink of the evening i must add, i wasnt drunk...yet) and i was looking at the stars or in particular a cluster of three bright stars aranged in a triangle, they did seem really bright, much brighter than the stars around them (not been into astrology i couldnt tell you what constelation, but there was a lot of stars in the sky that night) and and it was a really nice autumn night too. i must have stared at the stars for a few seconds all three of them just glittering there in the sky before one of them just shot off out of view leaving just two stars were there was three just moments earlier, the star was stationary for a while before it shot out of view and when i say shot out of view i mean it wasnt a slow accelaration it just darted from a stationary position away in an isatnt, so...UFO or shooting star or none or the above? told you it was weak, but its at least its true, anyone with astrological knowledge out there who can explain how that could happen naturally, you know trick of the light or something, swampgas reflecting off venus, you know somethig like that or did i see a craft of intergalactic visitors setting off home That's quite a common one - it could have been a plane refuelling in flight. They are often at such a high altitude and flying relatively slowly that they appear not to be moving until the fuelling plane detaches. For additional mystery however, the planes that fly that high are often spy or 'black' planes.

zip55

Post by zip55 »

There's got to be intelligent life out there somewhere ... cos there's bugger all down here.

weenie

Post by weenie »

did anyone see the article in tonights YEP a bright orange ball over leeds - my facebook has been unidated with sightings tonight around the armley area too. you can view the article on the YEP website under video's

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

The orange chinese lantern things look really weird in the sky. I saw some weird orange lights and posted a query on another thread, the answer was quite simple. They look great though.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Cardiarms wrote: The orange chinese lantern things look really weird in the sky. I saw some weird orange lights and posted a query on another thread, the answer was quite simple. They look great though. That'll be this one http://www.nightskylanterns.co.uk/sky-l ... od_31.html

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

maplins have got some good ones three for a tenner im getting some for the kids for Halloween
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

Exiled-Angel wrote: Yeah i thought so too, all happening past 11pm too which is abit strange.I'll always remember the day my brother said he'd saw a UFO walking down to Fairburn Ings in Castleford. Surely that would make it a UWO - Unidentified Walking Object?
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, moves on; nor all thy Piety nor all thy Wit can call it back to cancel half a Line, nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Uno Hoo wrote: Exiled-Angel wrote: Yeah i thought so too, all happening past 11pm too which is abit strange.I'll always remember the day my brother said he'd saw a UFO walking down to Fairburn Ings in Castleford. Surely that would make it a UWO - Unidentified Walking Object? LOL
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Brandy wrote: maplins have got some good ones three for a tenner im getting some for the kids for Halloween You can get 'em on Flea-bay, all different sizes and colours too. Also if you check on youtube there's tutorials on how to knock one up using bin-liners and the like.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.