Paranormal Leeds

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Geordie-exile wrote: Tony Love wrote: Yeah, I understand what your saying. Its a fine line. I wanted to try and create differant angles for people to contribute to. But yep, you are right. I am aware of potentual frauds but thanks for the advice I think you've misunderstood chameleon there [if I may speak for you chameleon. Correct me if I'm wrong!]He wasn't warning you about potential frauds, rather it was a gentle hint that not everyone here subscribes to your interests. And that there is already much material on this section for you to read and investigate without necessarily starting new threads. By doing that, you might be duplicating stuff that's already been talked about. Apologies if I've overstepped my measly mark on here! Spot on Geordie - thanks for that. Inevitabley not everyone shares the same view on things, that is the essence of life and individuality, thus I was trying to do more than warn you (Tony) in the hope that wouldn't put you off - that the reaction may not always be positive, at least not in the manner you expect!!There have been many cases where several closely relatred threads have been created. Noteveryone reads every thread and as well as duplication, there is a proven risk that people can miss and, therefore not respond to some posts where they might otherwise have done.    

LS1

Post by LS1 »

Steve Jones is your man for this!!!

Tony Love

Post by Tony Love »

Im sure not everyone will subscribe to my interests, in fact I would be amazed if they did. Im here to contact those that are.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

just spotted this.Tony,I run the Weird Wakefield Walk as well as the Wakefield Pagan Moot(pardon the advertising folks) for the last 23 years.I know lotso f haunted places in and around wakefield,however due to confidentiality I can't tell you all of them.by all means pop along to the moot on the 1st Monday of the month at Henry boons,Westgate in the upstairs room.It is free and I am always happy to talk about ghosts,paranormal etc.I als orun among many other groups the Wakefield & West Yorkshire pagan meetup:http://www.meetup.com/Wakefield-West-Yo ... etup/there are also other threads in the Ghosts and Goblins section on haunted places ,haunted pubs and clubs,haunted roads etc which you might find useful.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Tony Love

Post by Tony Love »

Fantastic, many thanks for the reply. I am sure I can attend and hope find out more regarding locations and such in this area. Look forward to meeting you.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

look forward to meeting yourself Tony,our next Moot will be on April 4th from approx 7:45 pm.I am usually in Henry Boons downstairs before then.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

grumpybloke

Post by grumpybloke »

"I agree with Chris (Cnosni.) I'd like to be convinced that mediums are genuine, but I just can't see it, so to speak"I imagine that there are some frauds out there but a few years ago I went to see a lady not far from Leeds and some of the things she said, she could not have known. She didn't even know my name.I am aware of cold reading and I particularly tried not to give any unconscious clues. She described several relatives, and while I appreciate she could have been guessing, there were some specifics which I did not know until my father confirmed them. It's not like she was in it for the money as I paid her £10.00 and the session lasted about an hour. Keep your minds open!

weenie

Post by weenie »

Hi Tony, Just seen your post. would love to know more about your group, i have been on few investigations myself with other paranormal teams, and have experiance and own my own stuff, i have not done anything with Wakefield, but Leeds, York and other locations Weenie

Tony Love

Post by Tony Love »

My group is new and is still finding its feet. I am sort of guiding them in the right direction and showing them the do,s and donts of being a paranormal researcher. I have a few years exp and feel able to pass this on. They are learning the power of research at the moment and how it can give you the tools and edge to get a real ghost hunt underway and how its always best to find any alternative reasons behind your findings. Although I found it hard to explain why a 6 foot lamp was levitated across a room once :S I would love to create a data base of hauntings where the investigators use a standard format research and documentation proceedure and have a collective data bank of infomation. I know it will never come about, but thats my ideal. The work of this group like so many others is to either prove the existance of spirit or disprove. My exp thus far has been positive with only a couple of nasty shocks and threats. one was an incredable EVP that we heard in real time, awsome. ok, it was a direct threat to me but hey you cant get along with everyone . I also enjoy building my own eqp and being an eletronics engineer is also my hobbie. So the team might be new but the drive is there. Im also a trained healer and medium, the latter helps in situations like above and so I can take it on the chin. After all, we are researchers and we only seek the truth that is all around us, and a great picture of a ghost would help.

weenie

Post by weenie »

Look forward to hearing more of your work, hope you post your new locations, and findings, myself and my husband went to Armley Mills for a ghost hunt andhad some amazing finds, it wasnt until we watched our footage did we spot the shadow, when we know no one was there, also at Pendal hill, my K2 meter was going mad right in the middle of the hill? no electrics near by??. My husband been the sceptic, and trying to find an alternative than paranormal. Weenie