Paranormal Leeds

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
paranorthern

Post by paranorthern »

Hi Everyone, I have just discovered this website today and it is exactly what I have been looking for for a while. I came across it after a conversation with someone today about the tunnels underneath Leeds and they told me about this site. I am loving all the posts in these forums. I have been trying to find something like this for a while. I have been interested in ghosts and the paranormal for years and have done loads of investigations all over the country. But locally they have been limited because I never knew where would be a good place to start. This website and the postings that you have all made have helped a lot. I will definately be coming and having a look regular.If anyone is interested in finding or getting involved with a paranormal investigation group in the area - I am member of a paranormal group called Paranorthern Research. The website is at www.paranorthernresearch.co.uk. We are currently in the process of organising some overnight investigations in the local area and will be looking for people to join us. We are looking for a mixture of sceptics, believers and people who are undecided. We are also planning some meet-ups for people to get together and meet up. A chance to share stories, etc. Please come and see the site (which is currently being redeveloped) and join the forum to check out the dates, etc. It would be fantastic if we could get as many people as possible involved. Hope this all makes sensePlease don't think that this post is spam, as this isn't my intentionCheryl         
Paranorthern Research - www.paranorthernresearch.co.uk

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Well i was a bit of a sceptic till i watched Most Haunted,now im a total sceptic.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

paranorthern

Post by paranorthern »

That's fine cnosni!Everyone has different views on things. I have always been interested, but was a sceptic at first. I have seen too many things now to not believe. Do you not believe at all??Have you ever stayed overnight in a apparently haunted location?    

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

paranorthern wrote: That's fine cnosni!Everyone has different views on things. I have always been interested, but was a sceptic at first. I have seen too many things now to not believe. Do you not believe at all??Have you ever stayed overnight in a apparently haunted location?     Well,no i havent stayed overnight in a haunted location,thats true.but im sure that i could sleep through anything as ive got a two year old who is teething,and trust me you have never heard sounds like that in the night.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

paranorthern

Post by paranorthern »

I can imagine. Teething can't be very nice.You should come with us on one. When i said 'have you stayed' - I didn't mean have you slept in a haunted location! We stay awake overnight and investigate the location.     

paranorthern

Post by paranorthern »

I think the problem with 'proving' things is that even with proper evidence there will always be people who don't believe it.It will be impossible to convince everyone of the paranormal and so it will never be proved!Does that make sense?Get yourself registered on the forum and keep checking the website... would be good if you can come along when we do get some investigations and then we can change you to a believer.     

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

I for one am not interested in the slightest - This 'sub Derek Acorah' tripe has nothing to do with 'Secret Leeds' as I understand it."I think the problem with 'proving' things is that there will always be people who don't believe. It will be impossible to convince everyone of the paranormal and so it will never be proved!Does that make sense?"No it doesn't-on all sorts of levels - you obviously do not have any grasp of logic or empirical scientific methods. I can prove 2 plus 2 is 4 mathematically. you cannot simply not 'believe' that - it is a fact. If you could 'prove' that ghosts exists it would be a fact - not something people could chose to believe or not!Of course you can't prove that -just as I cant prove that 2 plus 2 is 5 !!!because it isn't!        
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

paranorthern

Post by paranorthern »

Hi drapesy, I respect your opinion.ThanksCheryl

chamusdarrach

Post by chamusdarrach »

Hey, I, and my wife are very interested in what you propose, what do you have in mind???
The Health and Safey Executive." Striving to take the fun and enjoyment of life away from us all "

paranorthern

Post by paranorthern »

chamusdarrach wrote: Hey, I, and my wife are very interested in what you propose, what do you have in mind??? Hi Chamusdarrach, Thanks for posting. Glad you and your wife are very interested. Very soon we will have a list of events in and around the area which will be posted our website and forum. We will post a meet venue on our site shortly to allow people to come and meet up and discuss experiences,etc. Please come to the site www.paranorthernresearch.co.uk (currently being redeveloped) and join the forum (link on site). Cheryl