Paranormal Leeds

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Tony Love

Post by Tony Love »

sounds fantastic, although its always good to remain grounded and try to find a logical reasoning first. So you sound like a great team with good balance. I would like to see your results at some point

weenie

Post by weenie »

Sorry in delay, been very busy, we go to a few investigations, through booking online with a group. our next one is Golden Fleece York, in May. im quite happy to show anyone my findings, anytime. Weenie

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Been to The Golden Fleece myself Weenie.on a vigil with Richard Felix running itInteresting pub. though I wouldn't sleep ther,bedrooms are really shabbby and only interesting because of the ghosts!good pint though.The Black Swan further up Pavement at Peasholme Green is also worth lookming at.It is as haunted (if not more so!) but doesn't get as much publicity.I used to live in York so know most of the spots which include the ones the ghost walks don't bother with<G>.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

weenie

Post by weenie »

Yes Steve, been to black swan also, i have stayed in another, i forget the pubs name, but it was like an old coaching in, it was on an angle with the stone archway, and the rooms were to the back of this archway which joined to the pub, i remember something about a girl screaming and there was a fire, and apparently you can hear her?i know it wasnt far from Cliffords tower, as we went on that ghost walk first. Weenie

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

not sure which pub that would be Weenie.It reminds me of one in Goodrungate but I don't know if it does rooms.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Tony Love

Post by Tony Love »

Im a pretty good researcher and enjoy investigating hauntings with a find an alternative reason attitude. Im looking for a group to join who can use my skill set in their investigations. Any ideas ????

Cookridge

Re: Medium

Post by Cookridge »

dogduke wrote:Not so much ghosts and goblins but mediums.I was sceptical as anybody,but last April and this AprilI visited a medium my wife had seen a few times.I was TOTALLY AMAZED.It was a mixture of numerology,mediumship and Tarot.She told me things that were amazing.My father's occupation(after he declared himself by name)What he wore at work,what my grandma did and where.My late mother in laws job as a clippie on the trams and her maiden name.On the second visit my Dad said that my mother would have stomach trouble,was 89 years old and star sign Pices,and that she would see her 90th.birthdayThis was in April.2 weeks tomorrow she was admitted to LGI,transferred to Jimmys on Saturday and then operated on for a perforated stomach.Never was I worried she would not pull through.It was not easy.She has been through the op(50-50) through ICI/HDU andon to an ordinary ward tomorrow.This is absolutely amazing.I am not a religous person but I am convinced there is an existance after death.the readings were recorded and I play them back and reflect in wonder. I was truly amazed and have an inner strength regarding death.I am truly gratefull and wish I had told my mother who I suspect covered this up until she could no longer stand the pain
Hi Dogduke, interesting reading! Would you pass on the details of the medium you visited? My personal email is [email protected] if this helps. Regards Carl.

dogduke

Re: Paranormal Leeds

Post by dogduke »

Hi Carl
Crikey,my post was 9 years ago but I do stand by what was said in my post.
Mum lived a few more years and died just weeks off her 95th birthday.
I only knew the medium by her first name.
Meetings were held at the home of a work colleague of my wife.They have illness within their family so we have not had any meetings for 2-3 years.
I will ask around,well my wife will and let you know if I find anything out.
The lady in question lived Harrogate/Ripon way I think.
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

Cookridge

Post by Cookridge »

No problem DD, thank you in advance. Regards Carl.

MathewCox

Post by MathewCox »

This is so interesting, I have never been a superstitious person type but this is a subject that have always drawn my attention