Paranormal Leeds

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Lilysmum

Post by Lilysmum »

Brandy wrote: In the style of Jim royal.....................mediums my ar$e! And if anyone finds one for chris ot visitil happily come too. I would love the opportunity to see a "medium" but have never heard of anyone convincing enough as yet.I would like to think I could get a message from beyond but the sensible part of me says it's all a con and by a process of elimination the psychic can through questions and body language glean information and tell you what you want to hear.Many years ago my late mum used to go and see an old chap who claimed to be a medium,he didn't charge anything and never asked any questions,just sat for a few minutes and then started talking and some of the things he told my mum were spot on and quite random. The old bloke will be long gone but if anyone can come up with someone similar I'd give it a go."Is there anybody there"

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

cnosni wrote: chameleon wrote: I'm sure you are Chris - I think the successes tend to be people who 'want' it to be true rather than a genuine inquisitive mind that questions the evnets.She's been at it for some 20 years now, as well as the 'puter records, there's paper from early days taking up some 6 - 8 feet of shelf!Back a long way and produced some amazing stuff, but then you know that happens, the one's you'd rather not know about through humble families, ties to the Irish Mercenaries from around 1600 I think it was, the Sangsters, an interesting French conestion in the Channel Isles and close family ancestor of Lenora Cohen, the Suffragette who smashed the Crown Jewel case in the Tower - if you two got to gether I be a family history widower, better than a golf widower though Aha,but where is the dead end Steve?Any way,im still interseted in the medium.Any suggestions anyone?? Why not try a Spiritualist Church on a readings night. I think they only charge a couple of quid and is similar to those TV mediums. There a congregation and the medium passes on messages to who-ever. There's one on Clarendon Road on the left hand side going down. Near the bottom of the hill.    
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

LEEDS GREATER WORLD SANCTUARY14 Clarendon RoadLeedsWest Yorkshire LS2 9NNPresident: Margaret Bellamy GWMin, CGWMTel: 01132 456 623Or see here http://www.psychic-directory.com/psychi ... e_west.htm

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Chrism wrote: LEEDS GREATER WORLD SANCTUARY14 Clarendon RoadLeedsWest Yorkshire LS2 9NNPresident: Margaret Bellamy GWMin, CGWMTel: 01132 456 623Or see here http://www.psychic-directory.com/psychi ... e_west.htm What on earth (or ether) is a GWMin? I wonder if they'll get a message telling them the Dialing Code for Leeds is really 0113

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

Chrism wrote: LEEDS GREATER WORLD SANCTUARY14 Clarendon RoadLeedsWest Yorkshire LS2 9NNPresident: Margaret Bellamy GWMin, CGWMTel: 01132 456 623 Six posts and then Paranorthern simply dissapeared from this thread - chilling or what?I suppose chasing Ghosts is a great pastime for any adrenaline junkie who doesn't want to risk life and limb on physical danger like the old bungee jumpers.Accept ghosts don't exist and where's the adrenaline gonna come from??Seriously the "Sanctuary" is worth a look as a very ornate building standing out from the other mundane large posh Victorian terraces on Clarendon Road.The close by 3 storey georgian house in Hanover square is also worth a look. Estate Agents are selling a flat there and mistakenly say the building is Victorian. I used to live on "Boggart" Hill Drive....Never saw the chap I'm afraid.The spookiest spook stories are connected with Poltergeists who aren't backward in coming forward. I'd be interested if Paranorthern targests houses containing them?

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

'The spookiest spook stories are connected with Poltergeists who aren't backward in coming forward. I'd be interested if Paranorthern targests houses containing them? 'But cannot these happenings be explained as pyschokinesis, generated by the living? Far more plausable than anything emanating from the deceased - and it can be evaluated real-time.'Six posts and then Paranorthern simply dissapeared from this thread - chilling or what?'How is that explained in the sense of this thread?    

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

chameleon wrote: 'The spookiest spook stories are connected with Poltergeists who aren't backward in coming forward. I'd be interested if Paranorthern targests houses containing them? 'But cannot these happenings be explained as pyschokinesis, generated by the living? Far more plausable than anything emanating from the deceased - and it can be evaluated real-time. Perhaps we can jointly (through the power of our minds) levitate that rubbish out of the West Yorkshire Colliery Shaft and then have a good look down it?Ghosts of many a miner down there?

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

chameleon wrote: Chrism wrote: LEEDS GREATER WORLD SANCTUARY14 Clarendon RoadLeedsWest Yorkshire LS2 9NNPresident: Margaret Bellamy GWMin, CGWMTel: 01132 456 623Or see here http://www.psychic-directory.com/psychi ... e_west.htm What on earth (or ether) is a GWMin? I wonder if they'll get a message telling them the Dialing Code for Leeds is really 0113 Just guessing here but could it mean Greater World Minister?

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Chrism wrote: chameleon wrote: Chrism wrote: LEEDS GREATER WORLD SANCTUARY14 Clarendon RoadLeedsWest Yorkshire LS2 9NNPresident: Margaret Bellamy GWMin, CGWMTel: 01132 456 623Or see here http://www.psychic-directory.com/psychi ... e_west.htm What on earth (or ether) is a GWMin? I wonder if they'll get a message telling them the Dialing Code for Leeds is really 0113 Just guessing here but could it mean Greater World Minister? Suitably delusionary I suppose.

Si

Post by Si »

I agree with Chris (Cnosni.) I'd like to be convinced that mediums are genuine, but I just can't see it, so to speak. If there is a "Great Beyond" how come the spirits who come back to speak to us are only interested in trivia? Even if a medium told you that late Auntie Mavis says there's a white fiver behind the settee - and there is, this is still only a party trick. Come on...tell us about the afterlife! Who's right, Jesus or Buddha? What's the universe all about? Why do ghosts wear clothes (is cloth spiritual?) If there's an afterlife, then what about reincarnation? What about poor old Lazarus...brought back to Earth from Paradise, poor sod! And I haven't even started on my family history questions!!! Yes, I know...God moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform.