Terror On The Road

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Si

Post by Si »

Maybe it's haunted by the navvies who died digging the Bramhope Tunnel. It passes under that road. You can see an air shaft and spoil heaps near-by.

LS1

Post by LS1 »

It is quite spooky as you drive down the dip etc. The trees cast shadows in your headlights too as you drive through. I'm not one for this type of thing, but Dean Lane does have a strange feel to it when I drive down.

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

there was a car crash on there about 14 years ago ! a single car lost contol and crashed into the bridge parapet at the botom of one of the dips and burst into flames! There were four occupants in the car, one was an Ex-Girlfriend of mine who suffered massive burns but survived, two of the others got out with minor injuries and the fourth, my best mates work mate, burned to death because he could not release his seatbelt! so there is every reason to feel spooked when you drive along Dean Head!!!
Love a Landrover

Misc

Post by Misc »

With regard to the big scary figure - sounds similar to something my friend saw in his house at Pontefract. The house is on the edge of the town near to open fields that run down to the M62. Are there any Ponte figures in the database?

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Thanks to the great new search facility (incidentally it comes up at top of a thread not via the search link at present).I managed to find this useful thread again.anybody got any newer reports of road ghosts?
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Steve hiDuring WW2 the blackout caused a few fatal traffic accidents. Bad one down Stairfoot Lane in about 1944.On the bend before the descent to bridge cottage, just down past where the car park is now.There was an article somewhere, but the occupants were killed immediately apart from little girl thrown clear with her doll who died later. I've had the misfortune to return home that route late one dark night and the bike lights picked out what looked like someone running at me. Braced ready for an impact but no one there.Couple of days later I checked the helmet webcam [att], and since then I just don't use that road. She's still there.        
Attachments
__TFMF_om4u1155anlifb45q01faq45_083cab81-e815-48bf-9430-30d8082b3b30_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_om4u1155anlifb45q01faq45_083cab81-e815-48bf-9430-30d8082b3b30_0_main.jpg (15.72 KiB) Viewed 12959 times

WiggyDiggy

Post by WiggyDiggy »

Jogon wrote: Steve hiDuring WW2 the blackout caused a few fatal traffic accidents. Bad one down Stairfoot Lane in about 1944.On the bend before the descent to bridge cottage, just down past where the car park is now.There was an article somewhere, but the occupants were killed immediately apart from little girl thrown clear with her doll who died later. I've had the misfortune to return home that route late one dark night and the bike lights picked out what looked like someone running at me.Braced ready for an impact but no one there.Couple of days later I checked the helmet webcam [att], and since then I just don't use that road.     I was cycling in that area on sat morn (following the LCN to Alwoodley then on upto Eccup) but I've done that lane before and it is on the spooky side.I've also done Adel Woods early evening (testing new lights) and its not something I'd want to repeat in a hurry.

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Jogon wrote: Steve hiDuring WW2 the blackout caused a few fatal traffic accidents. Bad one down Stairfoot Lane in about 1944.On the bend before the descent to bridge cottage, just down past where the car park is now.There was an article somewhere, but the occupants were killed immediately apart from little girl thrown clear with her doll who died later. I've had the misfortune to return home that route late one dark night and the bike lights picked out what looked like someone running at me.Braced ready for an impact but no one there.Couple of days later I checked the helmet webcam [att], and since then I just don't use that road.     Blimey!

harrym1byt

Re:

Post by harrym1byt »

Jogon wrote:Steve hiDuring WW2 the blackout caused a few fatal traffic accidents. Bad one down Stairfoot Lane in about 1944.On the bend before the descent to bridge cottage, just down past where the car park is now.There was an article somewhere, but the occupants were killed immediately apart from little girl thrown clear with her doll who died later.
I have just had a play about with that image, with some image enhancement software. It looks like a young girl, with long hair, gazing down at possibly a doll. There is what might be a dolls head in the left lower corner.

TABBYCAT

Re: Re:

Post by TABBYCAT »

harrym1byt wrote:
Jogon wrote:Steve hiDuring WW2 the blackout caused a few fatal traffic accidents. Bad one down Stairfoot Lane in about 1944.On the bend before the descent to bridge cottage, just down past where the car park is now.There was an article somewhere, but the occupants were killed immediately apart from little girl thrown clear with her doll who died later.
I have just had a play about with that image, with some image enhancement software. It looks like a young girl, with long hair, gazing down at possibly a doll. There is what might be a dolls head in the left lower corner.

Bit dubious about this one. posted on the fourth of Feb 2013 mentions it as a past event yet a quick search on his Flickr page says the picture was taken FIFTH of Feb 2013.....

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/jogoff/84 ... 020150927/