Terror On The Road

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

Ooh, that's interesting! But as monks are 'holy men', why would I feel that amount of terror without seeing anything to start with? Thinkin about it the face area, although there was no face to see, was covered in hair too, in fact, the whole 'thing' was, so am still not sure that it wasn't some kind of inhuman thing?!! Interesting fact though, nonetheless. Cheers. Deb x

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

Leeds Lass wrote: Ooh, that's interesting! But as monks are 'holy men', why would I feel that amount of terror without seeing anything to start with? Thinkin about it the face area, although there was no face to see, was covered in hair too, in fact, the whole 'thing' was, so am still not sure that it wasn't some kind of inhuman thing?!! Interesting fact though, nonetheless. Cheers. Deb x this is without doubt,the same example seen in crossgates.if you hear more,from anyone,or anywhere,please let me know,i shall do the 300 miles to see these things,which i too believe to be in-human....dave-w-
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

Like I say, there was that report of the pair that were seen down Farsley, cheaper to investigate, as that's not 300 miles away!!! lol

Si

Post by Si »

I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to post this, as I'm not sure if it's supernatural or not. In 1988 my first daughter was born in the Clarendon Wing. On my way home to Otley, alone, I decided to stop the car to let the momentous events of the night sink in. It was about 3 in the morning, clear and moonlit, and not a breath of wind. I was parked in a lay-by on Otley Old Road, just up the hill from "None-go-by Farm." I was sitting on the wall by the style, having a cig in the silence, looking toward the airport, when I heard a panting sound coming toward me from behind. I looked around, and saw a large black dog (like an overweight Labrador) trotting across the road. It totally ignored me, passing quite close and went through the style and across the field away from me. I remember thinking it was a bit strange - a dog out walking by itself at that time of night. It felt as if it was some kind of omen, or something. It's probably got a perfectly rational explanation - just felt wierd at the time. The following day, we discovered my daughter had hydracephalas (water on the brain.) She's 19 now, and fine. Maybe Leedslass has an explanation?Si

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

none go by farm!!! what's that all about?????
Love a Landrover

LS1

Post by LS1 »

Its that little farm in the dip as you go up to the Airport the back way. see on the map below it's roughly where the stream is in a dip in the road. They do good fishing there apparently have some man made lakes that are well stocked.Also as you drive along Otley Old Road back into Leeds just before you get into the built up area of Cookridge there used to be an old Welcome to Leeds sign from the 60s/ 70s which someone seems to have nicked!
Attachments
__TFMF_1suh1pan4hvwdd454uwn1bub_3517e348-5900-4b91-b07e-4ba432693b65_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_1suh1pan4hvwdd454uwn1bub_3517e348-5900-4b91-b07e-4ba432693b65_0_main.jpg (47.97 KiB) Viewed 12562 times

Si

Post by Si »

I think it's actually spelt "None-Go-Bye" (luckily not none go buy!) Anyone else seen the mystery black hound?LS1 - was it one of those black & white signs, like the one that was at Cockersdale, or Stanningley?

simonm

Post by simonm »

Si, sounds like good old padfoot..Here's the linkhttp://www.geocities.com/ravenwinggryphon/Paw/#legend
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

Si

Post by Si »

Bloody 'ell, Simon!!! It's either the Padfoot or the invisible man taking his dog for a walk! Thanks for the link. There's a lot of similarities, apart from the size (calf-size?) Could have just been a normal dog, but it makes you think, dunnit?

simonm

Post by simonm »

Probably puppy Padfoot!
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"