Terror On The Road

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

Jesus Flitz!!! My skin prickled when I read that!!! I too wondered if it was someone in fancy dress waiting at the bus stop, til I realised what time it had been.How did you find out about all this? I'd be interested to know your source!!

FLITZ

Post by FLITZ »

It's a real passion of mine, I collect these sorts of stories and enter them on a compiled database, I have at present about 1500 reports spanning about 40 years for hauntings in and around Leeds.So the way I enter the info is by location so when a story like yours comes up I type in the location and the program will cross reference any info on the area.

FLITZ

Post by FLITZ »

Ps if your the easily frightened type then avoid the canal area at night near that location.

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

Some years ago (long before my other incident) we walked along the canal from Rodley (Railway Inn) to Greengates. It was summer and we must have been out a long time as it got dark quite quickly and we walked back in the dark. I felt really spooked and couldn't stop talking, probably just so I could hear some noise!!! Even though my hubby and his grans dog were walking right in front of me, I kept panicking because it seemed that I couldn't see them from time to time. I have to say, it is quite a spooky area, thinking about it now! Especially as there was only us along the towpath at that time.

Foustace

Post by Foustace »

The horsforth round about near burgarking? god i live 3 minutes walk from there!And about that canal story, i was once down there with a now ex girlfriend, we were sat on the bridge which leads to pollard lane facing away from newlay locks. But behind us in the woods we hear a really loud shriek we were so scared it wasn't like any animal i had heard before. We ran as fast as we could and stopped in the abbey in car park as we didnt want to head back up the hill towards new road side as that is a lonly road. So we stayed put at the abbey in car park in the light for at least an hour or so. It was also quite late at night in the dark. I belive your first story about the strange creature, having lived here 12 years i know that horsforth is a really werid town...

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

Yes Horsforth is twinned with Royston Vasey (League of Gentlemen)!!!! ;-)

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

FLITZ wrote: It's a real passion of mine, I collect these sorts of stories and enter them on a compiled database, I have at present about 1500 reports spanning about 40 years for hauntings in and around Leeds.So the way I enter the info is by location so when a story like yours comes up I type in the location and the program will cross reference any info on the area. hey flitz have heard of a similar tale in the cross gates area? one of the figures was tall the other much smaller.think i read that in the crossgates historical society mag a few years ago.
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

Go on Flitz, get investigating!!! :-)

FLITZ

Post by FLITZ »

During times of cold weather the monks at the abbey were known to wear sheep skins to keep warm, the cistercian order which ran kirkstall were great traders and farmers perhaps you did see a monk? Also the area around rodley bottom is rumoured to have a plague pit the monks did tend to plague victims perhaps the feeling of fear is linked to the fellings of fear people had for these poor unfortunates.

FLITZ

Post by FLITZ »

Please excuse the spelling on the last entry