Haunted House in Moortown...

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
JamesNet

Post by JamesNet »

Hi,Check this out:http://www.geocities.com/bzzarkid/mad_house.htmlI created this about 8 or 9 years ago, when the house was still standing.Cheers,James

DavidYork

Post by DavidYork »

OMG JamesNet!!! That is the house! I can't believe you made a site about it... Do you know anything more about it, like who used to live there and why it had scary old music coming from it!?!?!?

JamesNet

Post by JamesNet »

I heard similar word of mouth info about it over the years. Never heard any music coming from it though. But after the pub (dutch courage) one night me and two of my mates were walking past it and I decided to go into the driveway of it, there was a light on, it was just a bulb in the sort of awning at the front. I walked closer and nearly reached the house, but then all of a suddenly there was a very loud screeching sound coming from all around me, so I got scared and ran off and out of the drive way and to the right, behind the fence down the pathway to my mates and told my mates, they didn't say much, but a few days after they said they didn't belive me. Many years before then me and some mates went walking around it in the middle of summer, it was so bright it wasnt that scary and we had a good look at it and didn't notice anything strange, apart from it looked like "Amityville The House Of Horrors", and all the other houses around it were sort of 1960's style grey brick. I just thought it would be a good idea to create that site about it, and I'm glad I did as soon after it got knocked down to build the flats - the people who live there may have some stories to tell...?

DavidYork

Post by DavidYork »

Spooky! I only ever visited it through the day but I definitely, 100% without a shadow of a doubt heard spooky classical music coming from it. I know the 'spooky' bit is subjective but it was definitely there... Being early in the day we weren't so scared that we ran away so we were able to hang around for a few minutes before getting shooed away by the neighbours... Which leads me to my next point, how come the neighbours were always so quick to appear? I mean, I know it's not the done thing to let kids roam around your neighbour's gardens, so I don't blame them for telling us to move, but they were always there within 2 minutes of us going in the garden and they were always really cagey about who lived there. We weren't the type to want to break in and explore, but when a neighbour came we always explained to them that we just thought it was an odd house and wanted to have a look, we always asked them who, if anyone lived there, and they always told us it was none of our business and made sure we left... Damn, this is all making me REALLY want to know more about it. If I could travel back in time I would just go knock on the door until someone answered now. Maybe it was Herman Munster's retirement home.