Sammy Ledgards buses

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
j.c.d.

Re: Sammy Ledgards buses

Post by j.c.d. »

In the early 1950s I worked for a tailoring firm on Sovereign Street and twice a year the factory staff would have a day trip outing to Blackpool or Scarborough. There would be three or four Sammy Ledgard's coaches waiting in Concordia Street and about 8 a.m. we would be away. I always went as the staff were mainly female and I was one of the very few male teenagers. coming home was the best, quite innocent by todays standards but wonderful for me. It seemed that there was singing all the way home but I would get my self on the back seat but one with one of the seamstresses. Ah Memories.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

j.c.d. wrote: I always went as the staff were mainly female and I was one of the very few male teenagers. coming home was the best, quite innocent by todays standards but wonderful for me. It seemed that there was singing all the way home but I would get my self on the back seat but one with one of the seamstresses. Ah Memories.
By gum j.c.d. - you were asking to be stitched up with those tactics weren't you ?? :lol: :lol:
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Talking about pictures of old Charas I I found on Google "David Cochrane" who was an Irish right winger with Leeds United just after the War.He is pictured with his United teammates and there are a couple of pictures of the team on their Bus.
I would think these must have been made in the 1930s, could be of interest to enthusiasts.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

BLAKEY wrote:
j.c.d. wrote: I always went as the staff were mainly female and I was one of the very few male teenagers. coming home was the best, quite innocent by todays standards but wonderful for me. It seemed that there was singing all the way home but I would get my self on the back seat but one with one of the seamstresses. Ah Memories.
By gum j.c.d. - you were asking to be stitched up with those tactics weren't you ?? :lol: :lol:

Good Morning Blakey,
As I recall it was buttons and zips that gave me the most problems on that return journey, actually it used to be the backseat but one as the very back seat accomodated about five people so was not really private.