Tram lines exposed on Marsh Lane

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
tilly

Re: Tram lines exposed on Marsh Lane

Post by tilly »

Hi Jack i think the Woodpecker was on this side just out of sight on the left of this photograph.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

tilly wrote:Hi Jack i think the Woodpecker was on this side just out of sight on the left of this photograph.
The Building i referred to was opposite St. Patricks Church with Adelman's Store next door, when the Woodpecker you mention was opened there was also a new Adelmans Store built again next door on York Road.
So coming down York Road the old Pub had been on the right and the new one was on the left corner.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

:idea:

1891 map which shows the York Rd / Marsh Lane junction with the Woodpecker Inn and the Shoulder of Mutton Inn

:arrow:
Attachments
York Road - Marsh Lane 1891.JPG
York Road - Marsh Lane 1891.JPG (240.69 KiB) Viewed 7658 times
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

tilly

Post by tilly »

Sorry Jack i dont remember the Woodpecker being there has shown on the map you learn something every day.Thanks buffaloskinner for your input.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

"tilly"]Sorry Jack i dont remember the Woodpecker being there has shown on the map you learn something every day.Thanks buffaloskinner for your input.
That's O.k. Pal, you are only a Whippersnapper, Buffalo skinner is always the man to ask should you need any help with Maps/ etc.
As you are an old Hunslet Lad there is great set of posts "Pottery Field Gangs Leed" on Google.I would think right up your Street.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Buffaloskinner's map has just made me realise that the photos I took and have posted earlier were taken on York Street, not Marsh Lane (York Street merges into Marsh Lane a bit further along near the NHS Headquarters). I have added an edit to my post on November 7 2017 and so now note that those photos were taken on York Street.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

:?:
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

Richburnley

Post by Richburnley »

Leodian wrote:Hi Rich :).

Thanks to your initial post and as I was close by the area on November 7 it was only a short diversion to have a look. I took 3 photos in the few minutes I was there. I wonder if you have managed to reduce the file size of the photo that you took? Unless you do not mind me doing so It would not be right of me to post mine before you post the one you took.
Hi Leodian

Sorry I've just picked up your comment. Please feel free to post your pics. Mine will take a while as I'm still having problems trying to post mainly because im clueless with technology. I've been back today and taken some better ones than my previous effort.

Cheers
RICH

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Richburnley wrote:
Leodian wrote:Hi Rich :).

Thanks to your initial post and as I was close by the area on November 7 it was only a short diversion to have a look. I took 3 photos in the few minutes I was there. I wonder if you have managed to reduce the file size of the photo that you took? Unless you do not mind me doing so It would not be right of me to post mine before you post the one you took.
Hi Leodian

Sorry I've just picked up your comment. Please feel free to post your pics. Mine will take a while as I'm still having problems trying to post mainly because im clueless with technology. I've been back today and taken some better ones than my previous effort.

Cheers
RICH
Hi Rich

I have already posted the photos on November 17 that I took on November 7. If you consider that it was impolite of me to do so before you had posted any that you took then I apologise and will delete those I have posted if you would want that.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Richburnley

Post by Richburnley »

Hi Leodian
Please keep your pictures on here. They are superb. I never saw them lifted like you witnessed. My pictures are of them still in situ.
Still having a nightmare trying to upload them. Will keep trying but losing hope lol.
All the best

Rich.