50 years since Samuel Legard closed

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
volvojack

Re: 50 years since Samuel Legard closed

Post by volvojack »

[quote="jim"]I recall some of Ledgard's bus services using King Street just above the Metropole Hotel in front of some long wooden huts as their terminus.
Yes jim the parking area for these coaches was Wellington St. and as it was opposite King St i assume it was used for the overspill but these Coaches were Luxury vehicles in their day and i could never imagine them being used for anything less than being hired for Special / Social occasions .

jim

Post by jim »

Sorry Jack, I should have made it clear that my post was i answer to blackprince's post re the regular service bus terminus, not a comment on your coach trip post.

blackprince

Post by blackprince »

[quote="jim"]Sorry Jack, I should have made it clear that my post was i answer to blackprince's post re the regular service bus terminus, not a comment on your coach trip post.[/quote
Just to clarify , as jim rightly supposed, I was referring to the Leeds terminus for the bus services rather than the coach trips.
It used to be said that the statue of the Black Prince had been placed in City Square , near the station, pointing South to tell all the southerners who've just got off the train to b****r off back down south!

kenholway

Post by kenholway »

one of the special X84 buses has samuel legard on a blue background above the front destination display

trophy

Post by trophy »

i used ledgards buses often when they took over the kitchins route from calverley to troydale my favourite bus was a guy double decker.