PURPLE SLUGS

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
rodleymike

PURPLE SLUGS

Post by rodleymike »

I have been informed by reliable sources that the bendy buses on route 72 Leeds to Bradford will cease completely on Friday 22nd July with the new 'streetlight' vehicles being introduced already. So the slugs might be gone earlier.
Ride them while you can!!!.

Brunel

Re: PURPLE SLUGS

Post by Brunel »

The x6 and 72 routes will be merged/combined in some way.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Short notice I know but First will be in Pudsey bus station from 10.00-12.00 this morning to answer questions surrounding proposed changes to services around Pudsey. I'm assuming the X6 and 72 will be included. The weekend 23-24th July is the next scheduled timetable change weekend.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

rodleymike

Post by rodleymike »

Just a slight correction on my post; the vehicles are going to be the STREETDECK , ie: double deckers , not single.

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

STREETDECK - THE COMPLETE DOUBLE DECK FROM WRIGHTBUS

http://www.wrightbusinternational.com/n ... -Wrightbus

Gars28

Post by Gars28 »

I thought Leeds were supposed to be getting a new "routemaster" style bus? It would make sense to replace the slugs with these, what will happen to the conductors jobs with no busses in the fleet requiring a conductor?

rodleymike

Post by rodleymike »

beig made redundant I hear or re-training for those that can. So routemasters not welcome for this area!!.

The_Riponian

Post by The_Riponian »

Less of "Routemaster" me thinks and sort of an economy "36", as the 72 seems to be trying to catch up again.
Residing at the far end of the 36 bus route. Born in Leeds, seem to be migrating north.

mhoulden

Post by mhoulden »

First tried a green-painted Borismaster as a spoiler for the super trolleybus scheme, but it didn't stay around very long.

jim

Post by jim »

Brunel wrote:STREETDECK - THE COMPLETE DOUBLE DECK FROM WRIGHTBUS

http://www.wrightbusinternational.com/n ... -Wrightbus
Saw one of these this morning on Wellington Street at around 09.20, working the X14 Bradford route. The front view is very noticeably different to other locally-used bus types, especially due the shape of the upstairs front window.