PURPLE SLUGS

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
Bracken

Re: PURPLE SLUGS

Post by Bracken »

I certainly have seen enough of the Ftr buses that have broken down along the 72 route over the years they have been running.Are they being transferred to other routes or areas or being scrapped ?

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Bracken wrote:I certainly have seen enough of the Ftr buses that have broken down along the 72 route over the years they have been running.Are they being transferred to other routes or areas or being scrapped ?
Hi Bracken. I've only once used an Ftr bus and it broke down on the way to Bradford! :roll:
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

jim

Post by jim »

"Streetdeck" buses (single door model) now appear to be in the majority on 72 and X14 routes. I have also seen one on the 16 service. Waited for one to come along this morning to try a ride - a very nice comfortable bus. No nonsense about more standee places than seated when fully loaded either, and no conductor. The only thing that the ftrs do better that I can see is to pass under low bridges.

For the bus anorak, they have fleet numbers in the 352xx series.

Bracken

Post by Bracken »

Does anyone know what has happened to the FTR buses ? I do not miss them,much prefer the new Streetdeck that replaced them.

Gars28

Post by Gars28 »

I saw one parked up near the entrance to bramley garage last week, I'm assuming they have been here since July and are all awaiting their final journey to scrap yard. (Hopefully)

DaveinLeeds

Post by DaveinLeeds »

I think they were 06 plate so First probably feel they had a reasonable amount of use out of them, although I suspect for some of that time they were laid up or being refurbished for the 72.

Whatever, I suppose the whole concept would have to be regarded as a waste of money. They had them in York - long gone - and also for some time in Swansea, also gone.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

Bendys are still in York, currently on Park n Ride

Minimum service age for a bus is approx. 15 years
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

Bracken

Post by Bracken »

There is a post on Pudsey Born & Breed showing a FTR bus being scrapped and a line of FTR's awaiting the same fate.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Leeds Civic Trust On Facebook https://www.facebook.com/leedscivictrus ... 2041751902
Bendy Bus.jpg
Bendy Bus.jpg (51.36 KiB) Viewed 7631 times

tilly

Post by tilly »

Could they not have sold them on i could see them on the front at Blackpool when the lights are on.?
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.