Brunel

FIRST BUS: VINTAGE LIVERY.

Post by Brunel »

Another one from First,, HUDDERSFIELD

Leodian

Re: FIRST BUS: VINTAGE LIVERY.

Post by Leodian »

I like the colour scheme on the bus. :)

PS. That looks like the chalk outline of a murder victim in the doorway, though I assume it may be a sign for low loading access ;).

PPS. Not a First bus but a few days back I saw a West Yorkshire double decker red bus with the old West Yorkshire logo on it on Vicar Lane. It had the number 36 route number, so I guess it was being used by Harrogate & District on that route.

Edit added shortly after for the PPS. Thinking about it I may be wrong that it was a 36 but that it may have been an X98 or X99 and if so not on Harrogate & District use.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

The "West Yorkshire" bus is First.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

The West Yorkshire Road Car Company was bought out by Yorkshire Rider in 1987, and is just one of the numerous operators bought by Yorkshire Rider in that era. WR&P Bingley was another operator in Kinsley which was bought by Yorkshire Rider

:arrow: .
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

The former Huddersfield livery sits well on the modern profile, moreso than on the ex-Halifax which, in my opinion, does not.
I hope an ex-Bradford with the proper South Sea Blue & Buttermilk is in the pipeline - one of the best liveries among the former municipalities.

I was in Otley the other day, and there was a bus in the former Yorkshire Rider livery, which looked good. Pity that (so far) the routes serving Otley haven't had a Samuel Ledgard makeover. 2017 marks the 50th anniversary of the closure, so now's the time, Firstbus!
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, moves on; nor all thy Piety nor all thy Wit can call it back to cancel half a Line, nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

The former Huddersfield livery sits well on the modern profile, moreso than on the ex-Halifax which, in my opinion, does not.
I hope an ex-Bradford with the proper South Sea Blue & Buttermilk is in the pipeline - one of the best liveries among the former municipalities.

I was in Otley the other day, and there was a bus in the former Yorkshire Rider livery, which looked good. Pity that (so far) the routes serving Otley haven't had a Samuel Ledgard makeover. 2017 marks the 50th anniversary of the closure, so now's the time, Firstbus!
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, moves on; nor all thy Piety nor all thy Wit can call it back to cancel half a Line, nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

Uno Hoo wrote: I was in Otley the other day, and there was a bus in the former Yorkshire Rider livery, which looked good. Pity that (so far) the routes serving Otley haven't had a Samuel Ledgard makeover. 2017 marks the 50th anniversary of the closure, so now's the time, Firstbus!
Yorkshire Rider later Firstbus never took over Samuel Ledgards so that colour scheme will not be happening. Samuel Ledgards was taken over by West Yorkshire Road Car in 1967 after getting into financial difficulties.

:arrow:
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

trophy

Post by trophy »

i have seen some buses running in halifax with just the front and back of the bus in orange .the sides in normal first colours.?

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

H'mm. Not what I've been hearing!

warringtonrhino

Post by warringtonrhino »

Uno Hoo wrote:H'mm. Not what I've been hearing!

what have you been hearing?
If you are dismiss someones comment, which is after all a fact not an opinion, you need to be more specific.