Eastgate can be a tight squeeze for buses!

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
Leodian

Eastgate can be a tight squeeze for buses!

Post by Leodian »

When I looked at the Victoria Gate webcam site today (Feb 21 2015) this was the scene timed at 14:00. The poor bus driver seems to be having to do a very difficult manoeuvre trying to get the bus away down Eastgate. Good job the lampposts are not closer together!

Seeing how bus drivers manage to squeeze their bus through very narrow gaps on crowded roads such as Vicar Lane near the Markets whilst also avoiding seemingly suicidal pedestrians is impressive. I'm glad I don't have to do it!
Attachments
f211400_.jpg
f211400_.jpg (97.7 KiB) Viewed 2697 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

tyke bhoy

Re: Eastgate can be a tight squeeze for buses!

Post by tyke bhoy »

Thanks Leo, I wouldn't want to drive a bus either. However, and I await comment from our bus driver members, it looks like maybe at least one of the drivers shouldn't be driving buses either. It would appear the front of the 3 buses was first to arrive. If the 2nd of the 3 buses was also 2nd to arrive then it is (a) badly angled and (b) compounding it, no chance of pulling away while the first bus remained. If the middle bus was the last to arrive then it appears to have done remarkably well in pulling in but in that case it should probably have pulled up behind what is now the third bus and/or the third bus should have left slightly more room .
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

buffaloskinner

Re: Eastgate can be a tight squeeze for buses!

Post by buffaloskinner »

Chess on wheels :lol:

Seems to me that the middle bus arrived last and pulled in on an angle therefore causing an obstruction.
The last bus in line, whatever the circumstances, should NOT have ridden the high kerb and central reservation. :P Written Warning from Traffic Commissioner. :o
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?