Air Traffic

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

Also about midday on Tuesday the 17th of June I observed what appeared to be 2 world war 2 era fighter planes (propeller driven) planes flying in close formation towards LBA runway from the south. As they approached the runway they broke formation with one plane flying high and one flying low over the runway. I couldnt tell if it had landed. I tried taking a photo on my phones camera but as usual by the time I'd got the keypad lock off, the camera function on and took the photo the planes were mere specks in the sky (see my photo). The 2 planes looked to be the same model aircraft and they were dark green colour with yellow circles on each wing. They were flying in side by side formation less than 20 feet apart as they approached the airport. I wonder what they were doing? Did anyone else see these planes?    
Attachments
2planes1.jpg
2planes1.jpg (41.42 KiB) Viewed 2107 times
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

whitecoatboy

Post by whitecoatboy »

did anyone see the millitary helicopter flying over bramley towards armley way today just after 12? it was so low and loud, i think it was a blackhawk or something similar
if it feels good ......... dig it!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Shucks there never seems to be any of these military aircraft flying where I live in north Leeds (or at least that I'm ever aware of!). It has reminded me that there has not been a police helicopter with intense searchlights over my way for at least a couple (probably more) years now. They were always very noticeable because of the noise they made. I wonder if that service has been withdrawn or are there just many fewer night time demands for their use?
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

whitecoatboy

Post by whitecoatboy »

the "copper chopper" was over my area two days ago but not seen one at night time for a good year

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

whitecoatboy wrote: the "copper chopper" was over my area two days ago but not seen one at night time for a good year H whitecoatboy. Your "copper chopper" made me .
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

whitecoatboy

Post by whitecoatboy »

ha its a funny alternative i suppose

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

whitecoatboy wrote: did anyone see the military helicopter flying over bramley towards armley way today just after 12? it was so low and loud, i think it was a blackhawk or something similar There was what appeared to be a Sea King but in Army green rather than the Navy's yellow land on the LGI at what must be around that time it took off in the Armley direction almost immediately.As for the "copper chopper" for almost 2 years it has not really belonged to WY Police but the National Police Air Service although the NPAS control room is at Dudley Hill Bradford and the Helicopter is still based at WY Police facilities at Carr Gate/Junction 41.http://www.acpo.presscentre.com/Press-R ... -1a8.aspxI believe due to cost cutting it is airborne less frequently and now also covers areas not previoulsy covered by police helicopters e.g. Humberside
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

Does anyone remember the Class War posters that featured a charity collection tin labelled to collect money to pay for a bazooka to shoot down the police helicopter? I still see it plenty round where I live at all kinds of annoying times of day.
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge