Traction Engine / Steam Roller on A6120, West Park 14/6/2012

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

Did anyone else see this Traction Engine / Steam Roller on the A6120, West Park on 14/6/2012. I saw it as its crew had pulled up at the side of the Leeds outer ring road just past The Woodside Tavern to take on water from a roadside water stop cock. The whole process of refilling the water took over half an hour including getting the steam back up. Then they carried on in the direction of Lawnswood Roundabout. Was there some kind of Steam Rally at Harewood House or somewhere? The traction engine had a car following along behind with an orange flashing light which I guess was a support vehicle. I managed to snap a photo (see above). Do they still have steam rallies in Leeds? I can remember years ago going along to one at Temple Newsam. I believe they still do have one at Pickering but I cant remember seeing any posters for Leeds ones for a long time.    
Attachments
IMAG0241.jpg
IMAG0241.jpg (140.25 KiB) Viewed 1805 times
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

anthonydna

Post by anthonydna »

Its not a trial for the new Trolleybus is it ?

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

There was a "Father’s Day Classic Car Motor Show" at Harewood House yesterdayhttp://harewood.org/whats-on/event/fathers-day-classic-car-motor-show/