Brunel

Post by Brunel »

Free Parking, only £2.70 to ride.
Attachments
park your ride-small.jpg
park your ride-small.jpg (55.35 KiB) Viewed 3523 times

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Brunel wrote: Free Parking, only £2.70 to ride. Hardly a bargain is it?Whilst the bus fare might be cheaper than a days parking at one of the city centre car parks, the potential of a 15 minute wait for a bus (twice a day) might just offset any potential saving.And with parking being 'free', will it just become an overspill car park for the new Palace of Justice across the road
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

"From £2.70"Hmmmm, cynical bells are ringing. Is that the super saver rate if you return within 30 mins of starting your journey.?

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

Best viewed at larger sizes.            https://www.flickr.com/photos/ikbrunels ... 09/sizes/l

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

The good news in Brunel's excellent thread on Elland Rd Park & Ride doesn't just stop there (s'cuse pun).Elland Road P&R will also have electric vehicle chargepoints "....intention to provide six parking and charging points for electric vehicles at the Park and Ride site. Two of these will be designated for disabled users..."Now back in the 80's you could park free around Clarendon Rd. Pay & display + resident permits have rippled this out. Day parking seems to be five, six, seven pounds per day for town, so maybe this might work.As with removing (International) pool from the "CENTRE" & hiding it 4 miles away, personally I think this is a hare-brained scheme.But I'm often proved wrong.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Jogon wrote: The good news in Brunel's excellent thread on Elland Rd Park & Ride doesn't just stop there (s'cuse pun).Elland Road P&R will also have electric vehicle chargepoints "....intention to provide six parking and charging points for electric vehicles at the Park and Ride site. Two of these will be designated for disabled users..." So you drive past Leeds City Centre in your Nissan Leaf (or Crompton-Electricar, etc), battle up ER and find all the 4 non-disabled charging points occupied...oh no! Do you stick it on one of the always empty disabled charging bays, knowing full well you'll get a ticket or opt for the excitement of watching the battery meter hit red when you're just half way home?Or you have a busy day at the office generating wealth for Cllr Wakefield and chums to tax, wait 15 minutes in the pouring rain for the bus back to ER, standing all the way as it crawls through a congested Holbeck (Metro changed the route after 6 weeks to provide an all stops service) only to find some little raspscallion has unplugged your car while you were at work and the battery is flat! PS - less than a month to the TdF, when Cllr Lewis has promised this P+R will be open. Doesn't look overly likely in those pics, does it..?
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

No, you sensibly opt for Toyota's plug-in prius, - which you need never plug in, if that makes sense

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

I am just laughing heartily how LCC seem to think they are doing the Leeds public and the planet a "favour" by providing this park&ride at ER and then(via their confederates, First) charging from £2.70 upwards for the privelege of their infinite wisdom.If this council had brains,it might just get somewhere.............Oh,well........can always look forward to Folleybus I suppose.I'm absolutely convinced that the park and rides attached to this will "take off".
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

jdbythesea

Post by jdbythesea »

I regularly use the P+R at Scarborough (2 sites) and a little less often at York (5 sites). Both services are comfortable and clean and very reliable (every 10 mins or so). Also, they are not too expensive. I'm an OAP so York costs me 80p return and S'boro' £1.10. The standard return fares are: York - £2.70 and S'boro' - £2.30. Then there are multiple other price options (family, season, etc. tickets) I appreciate that both Y and S have large numbers of visitors/tourists and that many of them use the P+R service. Leeds ought to be striving to achieve something similar too.If the service gets going then I might pay an overdue visit back "home".

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

jdbythesea wrote: I regularly use the P+R at Scarborough (2 sites) and a little less often at York (5 sites). Both services are comfortable and clean and very reliable (every 10 mins or so). Also, they are not too expensive. I'm an OAP so York costs me 80p return and S'boro' £1.10. The standard return fares are: York - £2.70 and S'boro' - £2.30. Then there are multiple other price options (family, season, etc. tickets) I appreciate that both Y and S have large numbers of visitors/tourists and that many of them use the P+R service. Leeds ought to be striving to achieve something similar too.If the service gets going then I might pay an overdue visit back "home". Multiple Park and Ride sites are required all around Leeds,this should have been the focus rather than Trolley Bus.A cheap,fast, frequent non intermediary stopping service with priority lanes/signalling from a series of edge of city park and ride facilities is the best way to get commuters out of their cars in the absence of a quality mass public transport system akin to the London Underground.Frankly i think the ER site is too close to have the desired effect.Any cars using it will still be coming in to the city at a point where multiple routes combine.There should be one (in the vicinity of) at Tingley and and Gildersome, close to the M62 junctions that would have served this side of Leeds far more efficiently.I would also go for one at Stourton.Any other suggestions?
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]