Apache Gunship Helicopter flying over Leeds Tuesday 6th May 2014!

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
Richard A Thackeray

Post by Richard A Thackeray »

As I wrote in this threadhttp://www.secretleeds.com/forum/Messages.aspx ... =5213"Tony, one of our (A&E) Consultants was a Registrar at LGI, during his days there, & has told me of looking out of a window at an Apache on the pad"

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

Croggy1 wrote: BarFly wrote: I missed the Apache, sadly, but I noticed a light aeroplane with a banner for some radio station or other -- perhpas the Apache was drafted in to deal with it ? I didn't see it either - or the plane, but that was promo for Heart Radio, who have taken over, sorry merged with Real Radio. Thanks, Croggy1, that explains the light aircraft. They were talking about it on whichever station the minibus driver to work was listening to but I didn't catch whether it was due to them or not.

scrabblerz

Post by scrabblerz »

There is a photo and short article about this Apache in This months Yorkshire Reporter June 2014

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

scrabblerz wrote: There is a photo and short article about this Apache in This months Yorkshire Reporter June 2014 Hi scrabblerz. I have never read an issue of the Yorkshire Reporter before until by chance I picked up the June 2014 issue yesterday and then read the article on page 44 about the Apache helicopter. As information in the paper states "All contents are Copyright" I thought I had best not reproduce a scanned copy of the article. In that it states this was "the first time an Apache has landed at the hospital". I assume that means the helicopter, not a Native American!     
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

Aww I'm gutted I missed seeing this article in the Yorkshire Reporter newspaper. I occasionally pick it up from the Horsforth Morrisons on weeks when I've done my shopping there. I noticed one week there was an article about the Quarry Hill Flats and I was interested to see that some of the old black and white aerial photos of Quarry Hill Flats were copyrighted to a certain 'Phil Davison'... I wonder who that could be??!! I'll have to try and get hold of a copy, which months edition was the Apache helicopter article in? June's? Also I find that The Yorkshire Reporter makes an excellent liner for my cats litter tray as I dont buy newspapers so any free papers like this and Metro etc come in very handy!
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

barnie

Post by barnie »

jonleeds - if you do a google search for 'yorkshire reporter apache helicopter' it will pull up a link to a piece about it in the Yorkshire Times