HS2

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

And personally, if I have placed information in or answered a query in one thread, I'll not spend time repeating myself several times over; three books on a shelf with the same title, I'd choose the definitive text and disregard the others.Mods were charged with the very task of cleaning up the site in this respect some time ago by the administrators, > DSCO - could we have your thoughts here please!

Keg

Post by Keg »

My personal opinion is that HS2 a waste of money, it will not generate the jobs that are being bandied about. Getting to London x number of minutes earlier will not make people move jobs and businesses. It's a vanity project. Let's use the money and improve local infrastructure and join up with other types of transport.
Keg

Tyke

Post by Tyke »

If you read a book you can discuss its contents, my point is that these threads are not getting read because they are so long which makes new remarks less likely from people who were not in at the start of the thread. My comment about searching was that if any one requires information on any subject they more likely to use the search facility for the answer than to read through multiple pages hoping the information is there.    
Hunslet born and bread

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Why has this turned into a debate about multiple posts? It was never a question or open to debate. It needs closing and deleting. The two threads have been merged into one now like the site admins originally politely asked.    The original HS2 thread is herehttp://www.secretleeds.com/forum/Messages.aspx?ThreadID=5105
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Just signed on, thanks Phil for copying Brackens message to the original HS2 thread.Seems pointless having a talking shop so i will lock this thread, and delete it later.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Thread locked, please see original HS2 page which Phil has already provided a link for.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Briefly adding my thoughts - sorry for the delay been having Easter holiday fun I don't think we should have duplicate threads on the site. It's common practice on discussion forums and Q&A sites to maintain single points of reference for any subject. I believe that most SL users tend to agree with this. The search function takes you straight to the specific page of a thread with the search reference on it, unfortunately that's going to have to do for now!On the new site there is a wiki section (kind of like a mini SecretLeeds wikipedia) where we'll be able to put together articles on different subjects without all the discussion, chat and going off on tangents that's inherent to discussion threads. Hopefully that should address some of the issues mentioned above. I'm very aware that SL isn't the easiest site in the world to use for research and that's one of the things I'd really like to sort out in the future!Thanks for the feedback though folks, always good to get other perspectives on things.
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Thanks for your confirmation dsco.

Croggy1
Site Admin

Post by Croggy1 »

and thanks to Phill too.Keg's post has also been copied to the exiting thread. This one will be locked and deleted in due course.