Hercules Transport plane flying over Leeds, Saturday, 22nd March 2014

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
j.c.d.

Post by j.c.d. »

jonleeds wrote: Did anyone see the dark green Hercules Transport plane that flew over Leeds Saturday morning about 11:30 am? I saw it fly quite low from the airport direction towards the city centre before returning to the airport and nearly touching down before ascending to a high altitude and making off in a north westerly direction. Why would they fly such a plane over the city? E/ Error.    

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

Riponian wrote: Two flew over a few minutes apart over the Riponian Mansion at 6am this morning whilst out walking the dog, it looked like they were part of an exercise based out of RAF Leeming. Wow! That's some sophisticated way to exercise canines!!!
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, moves on; nor all thy Piety nor all thy Wit can call it back to cancel half a Line, nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

Didn't see anything Saturday, but last Sunday Mrs H & I were driving up the Aire Valley at 17.50ish when we couldn't fail to see a grey Hercules at about 200 feet over Cononley, going in the direction of Keighley. I assumed it was something to do with TA exercises, but we both remarked that it was "a funny time" to see it.
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, moves on; nor all thy Piety nor all thy Wit can call it back to cancel half a Line, nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.