Where in Leeds 2

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
jim

Post by jim »

I had thought (almost certainly wrongly, given better logic from hyperion and others!) the Queens Hotel. My cryptics:- more than lording - monarch. Space that isn't - City Square (it isn't you know). Chess reference - white (queen) faces black (prince).    

biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

jim wrote: I had thought (almost certainly wrongly, given better logic from hyperion and others!) the Queens Hotel. Cryptics:- more than lording - monarch. Space that isn't - City Square (it isn't you know). Chess reference - white (queen) faces black (prince). That could be it Jim.Number one may be the historic telegraphic address of the Queens Hotel.The only point against you is it's still there. Unless we're harking back to the old before the new.

hyperion

Post by hyperion »

Hello jim,salt n pepper,and leo. Just looked on google earth and i think i go the location wrong,if the westgate car park is on the site of the old bt office's were . but never mind as i have now got a new theory. This thing in the center of leeds,was it something majestic or looking at something majestic. And do you think number 1 means leeds 1. Please parksider end this madness now.
They say i have no talent and that I'm difficult to work with.And they say it as if its a bad thing

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

Another shot in the dark, it's not a statue of a former Leeds worthy that has since been removed are we?
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

hyperion

Post by hyperion »

No Johnny39, not a statue .Im thinking of something that used to be in the center of leeds but was moved to another location in leeds 1 . Something that remineds us of the debt we Owe to a certain generation and that should fill every right thinking british and commonwealth person with pride. But i don't think it will be the answer to the competition.Regards
They say i have no talent and that I'm difficult to work with.And they say it as if its a bad thing

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

salt 'n pepper wrote: No out and out guesses yet then. And not much action on the cryptic front either. Some of the cryptic contributions make sense to me - eg my reference to LOCK above, and Parksider's allusion to east/west etc - and some don't. That must be because my assumption below can be one of two things. Right or wrong.Anyway, I'm going to start the ball rolling Hyperion and have an attempt with Lock Number One and the former canal warehouse Granary Buildings, at the junction of the Aire & Calder Navigation and the Leeds & Liverpool Canal.     Warmer, WARMER

jim

Post by jim »

Do you refer to the lock office and lock-keepers house,at "Office Lock", last lived in by my friend the late Peter Roberts and his wife by any chance Parksider?    

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

Moved from city square to the headrow, could that be it?
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

jim wrote: Do you refer to the lock office and lock-keepers house,at "Office Lock", last lived in by my friend the late Peter Roberts and his wife by any chance Parksider?     No Jim, I refer to in the very centre of Leeds.It seems over the years Leeds has aquired many centres.The lock office is some way off.    

biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

The Parksider wrote: salt 'n pepper wrote: No out and out guesses yet then. And not much action on the cryptic front either. Some of the cryptic contributions make sense to me - eg my reference to LOCK above, and Parksider's allusion to east/west etc - and some don't. That must be because my assumption below can be one of two things. Right or wrong.Anyway, I'm going to start the ball rolling Hyperion and have an attempt with Lock Number One and the former canal warehouse Granary Buildings, at the junction of the Aire & Calder Navigation and the Leeds & Liverpool Canal.     Warmer, WARMER Is it the former (?) Aire and Calder Navigation administrative centre at the junction of Bridge End and Dock Street?There is a prominent No 1 above the front door.