Where in Leeds 2

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Hiya salt 'n pepper. If you are right then I am very wrong on what I think it is!As this thread was started by The Parksider I think it is only right that he/she gives the answer.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

jim

Post by jim »

Leodian wrote: Hiya salt 'n pepper. If you are right then I am very wrong on what I think it is!As this thread was started by The Parksider I think it is only right that he/she gives the answer. Me too!

hyperion

Post by hyperion »

When you said Bang in the centre of leeds was it an EXPLOSION!!
They say i have no talent and that I'm difficult to work with.And they say it as if its a bad thing

biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

Leodian wrote: Hiya salt 'n pepper. If you are right then I am very wrong on what I think it is!As this thread was started by The Parksider I think it is only right that he/she gives the answer. Come on then. What is it?The Parksider's role now is simply to say well done, you were right.Or in my case, no, you're way out you dumpling. Apparently.

hyperion

Post by hyperion »

I could be wrong but the clues seem to stack up.It did live at no 1. And you could pass both sides.I dont really want to give the answer just yet, as i've never won anything in my life and i dont want to break the habit . Plus i dont need a virtual cruise as i am at the moment up **** creek without a virtual paddle. Sorry got to go there's a bl**dy bird on the telephone line outside telling me to Make Someone Happy.    
They say i have no talent and that I'm difficult to work with.And they say it as if its a bad thing

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

salt 'n pepper wrote: Leodian wrote: Hiya salt 'n pepper. If you are right then I am very wrong on what I think it is!As this thread was started by The Parksider I think it is only right that he/she gives the answer. Come on then. What is it?The Parksider's role now is simply to say well done, you were right.Or in my case, no, you're way out you dumpling. Apparently. Hoping that The Parksider does not mind me saying but I think the answer is Number 1 Park Row, which is an office of Pinsent Masons. The latter part of the name is behind my cryptic "I wonder if a special handshake is needed to get in?" in an earlier post. You can say it but it's not very Christmassy of you to say you will though call me a dumpling if I am not right.

hyperion

Post by hyperion »

Sorry Leo you may well be right, but that's not my conclusion its been a brilliant thread and loath to end it maybe . Mr Parksider if i get it right can i have a virtual sheaffer pen instead of the cruise and i might be tempted to learn to write, my answer after next post    

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Hi hyperion. As you say it is an interesting thread. I base my thought that it is Pinsent Masons 1 Park Row on The Parksider's "It was master of all it surveyed and bang in the centre of Leeds" and that it is "Number 1, smack in the centre of Leeds". The symbol of the Freemasons (Masons) is a square and compass as used for surveying. The cryptic clues by others are though very intriguing as to what is being thought it might be. I await with interest the official answer by The Parksider.

hyperion

Post by hyperion »

Right this is my reasoning behind the clues. It was master of all it serveyed and bang in the centre of leeds, the first part told me( it was) so its something that's no longer there, then the word( bang) made me think whats bang was it a posititon or was it an explosion?. And seem to remember a building being blown up by Controlled Demolision in the late 70s early 80. The next clue even though they've gone now its still no 1 this buildings address was 1 park lane. the third clue something about east to west-west to east you had to pass it was that the inner ring road that runs past. The conclusion i came it was the old British telecom office block at the bottom of Park Lane. I hope i have'nt made a fool of myself . Over to you mr parksider.    

biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

hyperion wrote: Right this is my reasoning behind the clues. It was master of all it serveyed and bang in the centre of leeds, the first part told me( it was) so its something that's no longer there, then the word( bang) made me think whats bang was it a posititon or was it an explosion?. And seem to remember a building being blown up by Controlled Demolision in the late 70s early 80. The next clue even though they've gone now its still no 1 this buildings address was 1 park lane. the third clue something about east to west-west to east you had to pass it was that the inner ring road that runs past. The conclusion i came it was the old British telecom office block at the bottom of Park Lane. I hope i have'vt made a fool of myself . Over to you mr parksider. You are right on the button with most aspects of this Hyperion. However, the address of Telephone House was 36 Westgate. I'm not an address geek. I just did some work for the Leeds Telephone Area once.Number 1 might not be a postal address. What about a telegraphic address?I'm interested to know what Jim thinks the answer is. Two cryptic contributions so far.Then we've all had a go. Before The Parksider spreads the word.And Leo. When I mentioned dumplings that was aimed at me if I am wrong. You were in the sentence before being correct. Although I must say I have more confidence in my guess than yours.