Where in Leeds

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

A water supply standpipe with valve, painted bright green, stands in a small wood near a landmark Leeds hotel.Pool those clues and you may be able to guess the location?For the very clever's who know this one just add a cryptic clue as usual.

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

Can you bank on it being Leeds or am I off the the trail?

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

ParkieI was hoping a clue would come to me, like a bolt out of the, err nowhere

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

BarFly wrote: Can you bank on it being Leeds or am I off the the trail? It's certainly at the start of the trail

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Tricky one, Barfly's in at the deep end.

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

Sadly I was mistaken in my guess. I had a "eureka" moment but I was misremembering.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I'm not certain but I think I might have guessed. If I'm right then there was blue water nearby but not sea water. In fact the whole area is colourful. I fear I may have given too much away!
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

LS1

Post by LS1 »

Leodian wrote: I'm not certain but I think I might have guessed. If I'm right then there was blue water nearby but not sea water. In fact the whole area is colourful. I fear I may have given too much away! Could we still see glimmers of blue there although mainly long gone?

jim

Post by jim »

Hmm, puzzling. Is there a gap in my knowledge?

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

jim wrote: Hmm, puzzling. Is there a gap in my knowledge? I've always liked those pub quiz questions where the clues are given one by one getting easier and easier until someone finally shouts the answer out. I also like what we have started to do on here which is keep the answer to ourselves and allow those still enamoured by the question to still have the chance to get the answer themselves.So I would say you have by your explorations south of Leeds plenty of knowledge of Leeds waterways manipulated for industry, business and pleasure, but does it extend to it's most northerly point?Geddit? then give us a clue not the answer.....