Where in Leeds

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

The Parksider wrote: A water supply standpipe with valve, painted bright green, stands in a small wood near a landmark Leeds hotel.Pool those clues and you may be able to guess the location?For the very clever's who know this one just add a cryptic clue as usual. Parksider's post represents an algebraic conundrum which poses the question........ A+B+C+D+E=LOCATIONI assumed 'pool' to be a clue also. Hence element E.My crypticism - which has fallen on largely deaf ears, unless I am well wide of the mark - was meant to tackle element D of the equation, namely the landmark Leeds hotel. So I stand by my contribution unless, as stated earlier, I am just plain wrong.    

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

salt 'n pepper wrote: My crypticism - which has fallen on largely deaf ears, unless I am well wide of the mark - was meant to tackle element D of the equation, namely the landmark Leeds hotel. So I stand by my contribution unless, as stated earlier, I am just plain wrong.     You were just plain right.

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

Jogon wrote: me too I came across the standpipe after noting on old maps the swimming pool at Golden Acre Park is end on to the Lake so I had a tiny "expedition" from the lakeside path to see what the other end of the pool is like, whereupon I chanced by the bright green standpipe. I lurve these abandoned relics of the past.........