Blakey may like these

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

hicklingmick wrote: Saw these on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw= ... s&_sacat=0 Yes thanks hicklingmick - they are superb models (for mass produced that is) and you'll not be surprised to hear that I have them all. Its just a shame though that when the makers go to such lengths to reproduce tiny detail and lettering accurately they drop enormous glaring clangers on major features. For example, the PD1 in the first picture has a roof in some kind of dark grey - it should of course be rich green as in a couple of the other models. The vehicle modelled is one of the batch of six which Samuel Ledgard bought in 1946 and were Leyland's first model after the end of WW2 - I took my double deck test on one of them, JUM 378, and I loved driving and conducting them as they had no bad habits at all - unlike some of today's glitzy but undesirable offerings !!By the way, for those not too familiar with the area the "Chapeltown" referred to is Pudsey Chapeltown and not the one in Leeds LS7. Some of the prices expected and offered are, I have to say, somewhat optimistic but that's what you get with the "free market" isn't it ??
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.