Leeds trolleybus scheme delayed further

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
LEDGARD

Re: Leeds trolleybus scheme delayed further

Post by LEDGARD »

romeo to control wrote:Does this mean that the Headingley Tram depot will not now be rebuilt to house this and the mono rail might just come back on the agenda.Bring back Exors.of S Ledgard, LCT and West Yorkshire Road Car.
As a former happy employee of all three of those worthy operators I'd be ready to resume at crack of Dawn tomorrow - if a choice was available mine would be 1) Ledgard 2)West Yorkshire 3)LCT :) :)
I spent a very happy 44 years in all aspects of bus and coach operation, in Ilkley,Otley, Leeds, Pontefract,Castleford, Selby, Wakefield and York - and Nationwide and Eurpoean touring.

Ann

Post by Ann »

I have been sent a message by this site with a new password but cannot seem to change it and mails to [email protected]
are bouci8ng back to me so not sure if this is spam
Ann

LEDGARD

Post by LEDGARD »

I seem to have become LEDGARD instead of BLAKEY - and never felt a thing !!
I spent a very happy 44 years in all aspects of bus and coach operation, in Ilkley,Otley, Leeds, Pontefract,Castleford, Selby, Wakefield and York - and Nationwide and Eurpoean touring.

jim

Post by jim »

Most apropriate B'LEDGARD! Good to meet up with you last week.

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

I think that LEDGARD suits you Blakey. The only problem is that it only credits you with TWO posts!!

stationboy

Post by stationboy »

Ann wrote:I have been sent a message by this site with a new password but cannot seem to change it and mails to [email protected]
are bouci8ng back to me so not sure if this is spam
Ann
Well it let you login to the new look Secret Leeds site, so if it was spam I guess it was very clever spam.

LEDGARD

Post by LEDGARD »

Thanks everyone - a grand evening at the Adelphi, and good to meet everyone for the first time. I don't know where "LEDGARD" has come from as I don't ever recall that being my code, even though it was the happiest of all my transport work places - no disrespect to my other employers as all had their appeal.. No doubt our good Admin chaps will restore my BLAKEY indentity in due course. Cheers for now. :D :D

Riponian

Post by Riponian »

We're hopefully back to normal with cries that the enquiry for the Follybus has cost a lot of money, but less than the scheme. We've missed that jogger and the PM's brief visit and await LCC and Metro's next silly scheme.
I like work. I can watch it for hours.

romeo to control

Post by romeo to control »

48 years on transport and still doing odd part time coaching, agree they were far better days and provided a service to all not profit and dividends to the chosen few.

I spent a very happy 44 years in all aspects of bus and coach operation, in Ilkley,Otley, Leeds, Pontefract,Castleford, Wakefield and York.
Treat others as you would wish to be treatedBAF

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

Summary document compiled by the North West Leeds Transport Forum.

http://nwltf.org.uk/docs/Keypoints.pdf