New stations

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
Si

Post by Si »

BLAKEY wrote: Leodian wrote: I wonder why New Pudsey train station is still called that, as it has been so named for very many years now and has long not needed a 'New' tag? I daresay its perhaps to emphasise that, compared with the old long gone stations in Pudsey, this one is to all intents and purposes at "Far Stanningley." Or Dawson's Corner. Or even Owlcotes Retail Park...

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

The following is a link to an online report (dated today May 28 2014) in the Yorkshire Evening Post website reporting that construction can now start on the Kirkstall Forge and Apperley Bridge rail stations:- http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... -1-6641070
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

WiggyDiggy

Post by WiggyDiggy »

I have to admit Apperley Bridge is a surprise, when I saw the headline I actually thought it was to be Bradford Old Moor as I knew that had been proposed but had not heard of anything for AB.Some sensible comments on the YEP for a change about car parking, if this is to be used by commuters then plenty of free parking needs to be provided otherwise it will either anger the residents of the new estate (parking permits all round) or simply ignored.This might need some research as its a little hearsay but the monument at the entrance to the forge (dedicated to the men of the forge who fought in WW1/2 perhaps) is apparently listed so will cause difficulties for the road entrance, I'm not sure also if the anvil (quoted to me as 20-30 tonnes) is still there. Any truth in any of that?