Leeds Station southern entrance plans approved

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

Metro News on the south exit/entrance and a YouTube simulation. Hope the kid at the bottom of the escalator doesnt throw that medicine ball!!http://www.wymetro.com/news/releases/10 ... thernPlans
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

It's the face of Hoth!But seriously folks, it could change bring a bit of variety and life into that part of town.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Agreed - if it is ever built. No offence, but Metro have past form for getting grandoise plans "approved" and then they never see the light of day.Apparently the mis-guided busway for the A65 has also been approved - proof if ever it were needed that shiny special things hold much more attraction for them than anything practicable.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

raveydavey wrote: Agreed - if it is ever built. No offence, but Metro have past form for getting grandoise plans "approved" and then they never see the light of day.Apparently the mis-guided busway for the A65 has also been approved - proof if ever it were needed that shiny special things hold much more attraction for them than anything practicable. Show me the shiny shinyThe southern entrance is well well overdue,lets hope it goes ahead.I think it will be a boon for Granary Wharfe,the Canal side and Holbeck Urban Village.Tower works is now seeing some movement,workmen on site yesterday and a new Yorkshire Forwar banner proclainimg Tower works has just gone up (facing the station)Apparently Jan Fletcher has just submitted revisedplanning application for the proposed City One site,though obviously it doesnt mena it will go ahead.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

And now the funding is approved toohttp://www.wymetro.com/news/releases/110204LSSE
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Keg

Post by Keg »

it's the "visible" stuff that people thionk will get them most points rather than the practical.I really am not sure about the A65 bus route unless they deal with the log jam that is kirksalll lights.Like the A660, the A65 used to have 2 lanes each way then the White Hatchings fairy came along one night and wallop.. half the capacity
Keg

headingleylad

Post by headingleylad »

The new southern entrance looks good, it is certainly required with all the new offices and buildings south of the Station, there is also plans to have more platforms at the station bringing the total up to 19 or 20.
Lived in Leeds all my life, Cookridge Headingley

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

headingleylad wrote: The new southern entrance looks good, it is certainly required with all the new offices and buildings south of the Station, there is also plans to have more platforms at the station bringing the total up to 19 or 20. Good news on the south entrance,lets hope that there will be another kiosk where it is enabling you to buy tickets so you can get off the station.Id be interested to see where they could get extra platforms in.I could see some bay platforms going in just after platform 17 but the real issue is through platforms and the number of "roads" in and out of the station at either end,6 at the west end and 2 at the east end.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

There is a report in this mornings YEP, stating that the southern entrance has secured most of the funding required.http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... 986.jpFrom a personal point of view, if that sort of money is available for rail infrastructure, the proposed stations at Kirkstall Forge and Apperley Bridge should take priority for the benefits they'd deliver, but these things don't work like that, do they?The same story also reports that the infamous trolleybus scheme represents very poor value for money, so lets see how much Metro continue to throw at that idea now it's been holed beneath the water...
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

headingleylad

Post by headingleylad »

The trolleybus system was waste of time, people will never get out of their cars to travel on a bus whether it is electric or not, the only method of getting them from their cars, is trains or trams, Leeds and the Metro should have never stopped campaigning for the Supertram, the government are never going to give money to Leeds when its so weak, look at Manchester who never gave into to the Government until they got what they wanted. It is disgusting that Leeds the fourth largest city in the UK and the largest city in Europe that does not have any form of Underground, trams or light rapid transit sytem should be treated in this matter. All the available money is going to London for Cross Rail and Thames Link. We lost out with the Supertram because of the Olympics. All the new trains are for down south, all we get are the cast offs ie Manchester will get the cast offs from Thames Link for the proposed electrification of the Manchester, Liverpool, Blackpool triangle. Why is the new electrifaction not getting the new trains?
Lived in Leeds all my life, Cookridge Headingley