Leeds Station southern entrance plans approved

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
Leodian

Re: Leeds Station southern entrance plans approved

Post by Leodian »

This is a side view showing the stairs. The photo (which I took with others on March 19 2015) is much reduced in size and quality. It's a shame that security boarding stops the taking of photos of the outside work from inside the Dark Arches, as little of that work can be seen from in the Dark Arches.
Attachments
Leeds Southern Station Entrance work on March 19 2015.
Leeds Southern Station Entrance work on March 19 2015.
013R.jpg (151.13 KiB) Viewed 3001 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

It looks far more substantial than the renders led me to believe it would be.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

A couple of photos that I took today (April 2 2015). The first shows the framework looking like a giant Meccano construction (note the two men high up). The second shows some framework ready to be added to the construction.
Attachments
LSSE construction April 2 2015.
009R.jpg (142.15 KiB) Viewed 2838 times
007R.jpg (176.84 KiB) Viewed 2838 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

liits

Post by liits »

Is it to have lifts or escalators? Because that looks like an awful lot of steps to climb.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

The renders, which disappeared when wymetro site was reorganised, show escalators and I would think current building regs would require lifts for disabled access.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

tyke bhoy wrote:The renders, which disappeared when wymetro site was reorganised, show escalators and I would think current building regs would require lifts for disabled access.
There are several renders in this https://www.wymetro.com/uploadedFiles/W ... ummary.pdf but the one on page 9 is probably the clearest
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

I feel bound to reiterate the sentiments that I've mentioned before - "THOSE POOR FOLKS IN ALL THE ADJACENT FLATS." :( :(
I do appreciate that a southern entrance to the station is necessary, but surely a less offensive and intrusive "carbunkle" than this could have been designed ?? :?: :?:
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

BLAKEY wrote:I feel bound to reiterate the sentiments that I've mentioned before - "THOSE POOR FOLKS IN ALL THE ADJACENT FLATS." :( :(
I do appreciate that a southern entrance to the station is necessary, but surely a less offensive and intrusive "carbunkle" than this could have been designed ?? :?: :?:
I suppose it's a generational thing but I find the new entrance to be strikingly interesting in its appearance.

It will actually bring some benefits to the people living in the flats,firstly the area around is being pedestrianised and I would imagine that there will be an increase in the value of those flats given their improved access to the station.

As for noise,well it can't get any worse,what with the trains trundling in and out all day and the ceaseless announcements.

Furthermore a number of currently vacant units in the dark arches and at the base of Candle House (the cylinder shaped building) are currently being fitted out for signed up occupants (bars and restaurants) which will further enhance the area.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]