Missing Railway links from Church Fenton to Harrogate, and Leeds to Wetherby

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

w41tzer wrote: if you follow the track it drops down a lot as it approaches the waters edge, the opposing abutment remains are not very high and would suggest a low bridge, ok seeing as its not a naviagable river but not a steep incline, the iron rings are concrete filled it appears and probably so were the collumns above, if you look in some of the books on the subject there will undoubtably be a gradient plan, more than likely less steep than 1 in 60, lovely spot for a paddle in the summer though Thank you, I wonder if any pictures exist, I know there's so many railway books and pics....

w41tzer

Post by w41tzer »

funny thing computers, on the one hand i cant find a motor i know farnell stock unless i have the exact code but could find in a paper catalalogue in seconds and yet a bridge ive never seen anywhere online or in the many books ive seen can be found in seconds, i typed in collingham railway bridge and in amongst lots of other pics there were several, some on flicker some on paul getty appear to show cranes dismantling it and half a span gone, visually its the same as the wensleydale lines one at leeming but the interesting bit is that whereas the span was as thought its length is much longer, i had thought there would be a vertical abutment on the station side around waters edge but the columns represent the approx middle of and joining point of two girders for the span meaning the station abutment would probably resemble the sloping golf club one and could still be extant under the earth, shovel and prod come later on in year when less people about i think, the length beyond the shoreline appears considerable and quite level to the eye, sorry cant do a link,

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Google image link here: http://snipurl.com/27v6h1dWhilst there are some good pics, there are also a lot that would appear to have nothing to do with the subject. Worth a scroll through for the diamonds though!
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

raveydavey wrote: Google image link here: http://snipurl.com/27v6h1dWhilst there are some good pics, there are also a lot that would appear to have nothing to do with the subject. Worth a scroll through for the diamonds though! Thank you Ravemeister.The shot of the metal bridge resting level on the raised piers just make more of a mystery.Follow from the piers into the trees and the line of height of the bridge/track is much lower than the apparent height of the line.Indeed the line of the track today looks like it is in a cutting, but all I can think of is that it was on an embankment (similar to the other side) which has been dug out to landscape elsewhere.....

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

If you follow the route of the old line, from the river towards Collingham, you will find a lot of interesting old stonework.Looks like the demolished remains of an overbridge.