John Smeaton Viaduct is it helping???

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
magic

Post by magic »

What flow of traffic is it suppose to help? Since it was opened i get more nutter drivers who cant follow the badly marked lanes around the bend, next to the old go-kart track, cutting me up & then get stuck in a cue at the traffic lights which lead onto Easy Road.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

I dont think we will fully see the advantage of it until~ A/the rest of the link road is built B/the rest of the world learn the new layout loli can see your point though,its murder coming across there at rush hour
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Brandy wrote: I dont think we will fully see the advantage of it until~ A/the rest of the link road is built B/the rest of the world learn the new layout loli can see your point though,its murder coming across there at rush hour The problem seems to be at the east end of the viaduct.The lights give equal priority (time wise) from South Accomadation Road to the fly over.Therefore there is a bigger accumulation of traffic on the flyover ,thus negating the supposed benefits.Add to this the still (5 year ) stupid layout of lanes to take you to either the city centre or (as it stands now) Osmondthorpe.Surely the eatsbound traffic should be given priority off of the flyover and eat bound behind Cross Green school,rather than wrestle with the traffic from East Street.    
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

[quotenick="cnosni"] Brandy wrote: Add to this the still (5 year ) stupid layout of lanes to take you to either the city centre or (as it stands now) Osmondthorpe.Surely the eatsbound traffic should be given priority off of the flyover and eat bound behind Cross Green school,rather than wrestle with the traffic from East Street.     I wholeheartedly agree about the 5 year question. I don't use that route very often, but ever since it was built I've found the eastbound lane arrangements to be confusing and very badly signed - and I'm a Leeds resident !! Many's the time I've found myself with no time to correct an error and therefore forced onto East Street(city bound) when I want to be at east End Park- and the signs/lanes are not all that clear coming up East street to access EEP or Hunslet A61.
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Its wonderful for West bound traffic on Hunslet Road that wishes/has to continue on Hunslet Road like buses
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

I think it will be better when all the assorted roads that are meant to link in are up and running and the traffic light timings / priorities can be properly aligned.That said, this council have a fetish for introducing unecessary bottlenecks or traffic lights that serve little purpose and are always out of logical sequence, so who knows?
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

What does seem to be failing is the planners belief that traffic would use the viaduct to join the M621 both South-east and South-west bound at Junction 4(? Hunslet Moor/Distributor). Great Wilson Street both sides of Meadow Lane (Asda and Tetleys) and Meadow Lane itself have become virtual car parks in the evening rush hour mainly because the M621 South-east junction 3 (? at Dewsbury Road) on slip can not cope with the volume of traffic since it has been reduced to a single lane.Up until just over a year ago the on-slip was two lanes with the outer lane merging with the existing 2 lanes of the M621 and the inner lane becoming the third lane. Due, presumably, to a belief more traffic would divert and enter at junction 4, junction 3 was reduced to a single lane slip road that must merge with the two lanes of traffic while junction 4 now has an outer lane which must merge and an inner lane which becomes the third (inside) lane. The problem is that traffic joining at Dewsbury Road far outweighs traffic joining from Hunlset Distributor adjacent to Moor Road.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/