Leeds 800th Anniversary celebrations,or lack of.

Houses, churches, monuments, graves, etc.
rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

neither mate! had it in a garage for repairs, garage guy fell out with landlord over rent so landlord cleared garage out and sold the lot!!! including my RR which i believe was crushed!!!! GUTTED!!!!!!
Love a Landrover

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

ANYWAY WHAT DO YOU MEAN HOPE IT WAS THE SUSPENTION???? What you saying??? i'm a fat ba........ never mind!!
Love a Landrover

roundhegian

Post by roundhegian »

cnosni wrote: oldleedsman wrote: There's quite a good exhibition of large info boards and photos outside the Art Gallery/Museum/Library celebrating Leeds 800 years. Yeah saw em setting it up on sunday night,it was in Millenium Square before the German market arrived.There was a bit in the YEP tonight regarding the "Celebrations",which needles to say is a very limited article.What a shame,still theres a chance our descendants may do a better job for the 900th anniversary. An article in the Y.E.P. , a mention on " Calendar " but not a word on " Look North " . Too busy with events in Sheffield and York I suppose .
roundhegian

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

roundhegian wrote: cnosni wrote: oldleedsman wrote: There's quite a good exhibition of large info boards and photos outside the Art Gallery/Museum/Library celebrating Leeds 800 years. Yeah saw em setting it up on sunday night,it was in Millenium Square before the German market arrived.There was a bit in the YEP tonight regarding the "Celebrations",which needles to say is a very limited article.What a shame,still theres a chance our descendants may do a better job for the 900th anniversary. An article in the Y.E.P. , a mention on " Calendar " but not a word on " Look North " . Too busy with events in Sheffield and York I suppose . As the council reap,so shall they sew.The level of celebration was governed by the council,if they had put more into it then the media would have reacted accordingly
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

Si

Post by Si »

rangieowner wrote: ANYWAY WHAT DO YOU MEAN HOPE IT WAS THE SUSPENTION???? What you saying??? i'm a fat ba........ never mind!! Bloody hell! Tough about the car. Is there no come-back? It's me who's the fat ba... When a Range Rover dies, it's quite often the hydro-pneumatic gubbins underneath, in't it?

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

Si wrote: rangieowner wrote: ANYWAY WHAT DO YOU MEAN HOPE IT WAS THE SUSPENTION???? What you saying??? i'm a fat ba........ never mind!! Bloody hell! Tough about the car. Is there no come-back? It's me who's the fat ba... When a Range Rover dies, it's quite often the hydro-pneumatic gubbins underneath, in't it? got some cash out of garage guy but RR was not worth that much and i haven't found suitable replacement yet! and old RRs usually die of corrosion in the body and chassis! as for suspention, mine was an old coiler! only gas bag i have is the missus lol
Love a Landrover

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

By the way , Sorry for drifting off topic y'all! My RR has nothing to do with this topic although it was nearly old enough to feature in the 800th anniversary celabrations!!!! LOL!!
Love a Landrover

Si

Post by Si »

rangieowner wrote: By the way , Sorry for drifting off topic y'all! My RR has nothing to do with this topic although it was nearly old enough to feature in the 800th anniversary celabrations!!!! LOL!! I think it was my fault, mate! Apologies.