Royal Graves

Houses, churches, monuments, graves, etc.
billybong

Post by billybong »

just reading through the oldest grave in leeds thread started me thinking is there any old monarchs or any royaly or persons of high status buried in leeds or yorkshire? or were they all taken to london or york for burial?

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

The 7th Earl of Harewood & his mother HRH Princess Mary are buried in All Saints Church at Harewood

Loiner1960

Post by Loiner1960 »

Not buried in Leeds but Royalty none the less. A sad and fascinating life.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_AlemayehuHeard the Radio 4 programme on the off chance.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Loiner - tathe wiki article threw up a tangent------->He died at Far Headingley. House not given but mention of Ransome.Now Arthur Ransome author of 'Swallows and Amazons' was a regular visitor at Stairfoot House.It's owner was Edwin Eddison who (I think) owned Adel Corn Mill and Farm and used Adel Dam for trout breeding and boating.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Jogon wrote: Loiner - tathe wiki article threw up a tangent------->He died at Far Headingley. House not given but mention of Ransome.Now Arthur Ransome author of 'Swallows and Amazons' was a regular visitor at Stairfoot House.It's owner was Edwin Eddison who (I think) owned Adel Corn Mill and Farm and used Adel Dam for trout breeding and boating. Very interesting info Jogon. They must though have been massive trout if you could boat on them! Sorry Jogon.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.