Can anyone help me??

Houses, churches, monuments, graves, etc.
Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Well Wakefield has it in a few shops. WH Smith or Borders in Leeds both stock it,plus some of the larger newsagents.It is not a magazine I buy on a regular basis.I personally subscribe to Family History monthly and like to buy Your Family Tree magazine.I get ther other magazines including this if the covermount CD-Rom has something I want on it such as this.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Steve Jones wrote: Well Wakefield has it in a few shops. WH Smith or Borders in Leeds both stock it,plus some of the larger newsagents.It is not a magazine I buy on a regular basis.I personally subscribe to Family History monthly and like to buy Your Family Tree magazine.I get ther other magazines including this if the covermount CD-Rom has something I want on it such as this. The cds come off easily Steve,but being a JP can you imagine the headlines!!!
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

cnosni wrote: Steve Jones wrote: Well Wakefield has it in a few shops. WH Smith or Borders in Leeds both stock it,plus some of the larger newsagents.It is not a magazine I buy on a regular basis.I personally subscribe to Family History monthly and like to buy Your Family Tree magazine.I get ther other magazines including this if the covermount CD-Rom has something I want on it such as this. The cds come off easily Steve,but being a JP can you imagine the headlines!!! j.p!!! no no no....you can't be,please tell me your not a beak for the good burghers of the assizes of leeds!!!
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

wiggy wrote: cnosni wrote: Steve Jones wrote: Well Wakefield has it in a few shops. WH Smith or Borders in Leeds both stock it,plus some of the larger newsagents.It is not a magazine I buy on a regular basis.I personally subscribe to Family History monthly and like to buy Your Family Tree magazine.I get ther other magazines including this if the covermount CD-Rom has something I want on it such as this. The cds come off easily Steve,but being a JP can you imagine the headlines!!! j.p!!! no no no....you can't be,please tell me your not a beak for the good burghers of the assizes of leeds!!! Oh yes he is,he replied to one of your posts when you were complaining about the establishment.Still, im sure he wouldnt have sent you down eh Wiggy??
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Yes I am a JP Wiggy.I sit in Wakefield.The only openly Pagan magistrate in the UK AFAIK.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

walkerbabe

Re: Can anyone help me??

Post by walkerbabe »

you can get a godfrey map of kirkstall road with all the alphabet streets on, my mum lived there. the schools are still there on burley road, I went to them both. just google godfrey maps and he will send you one, not expensive.

starcris

Re: Can anyone help me??

Post by starcris »

John James Stephen Durham age around 6 St. simons pupil
IMG_20190117_0027.jpg (155.37 KiB) Viewed 11365 times
My father John James Stephen Durham was born in 17 Baker Street, in 1923 which was also part of the Alphabet Streets, I have one picture of my dad with 2 friends (male) his age, and I would so like to share them, obviously they probably won't be living but perhaps their children or cousins might know them, believe my dad went to St. Simon's School on Ventnor Street (also part of the Alphabet Streets I believe, I have loads of army pics of friends later on in life, would like to match them up, but have no idea how to go about it, later my father went to Sandford secondary school, he wasn't one for chatting, so I've no idea , is there anyone that knows information about this school or whether a relative of theirs lived on the Alphabet Streets.