When is a subway not a subway?

Places to explore
Tony

Post by Tony »

The Gaffer with Bill Maynard?Surprised that one's not been mentioned.One Summer? Set in Liverpool and Wales, some of the Liverpool scenes filmed in Ebor Gardens, using locals as extras. I wen to school with a guy that said "OK mate" to one of the main characters in the Chinese Takeaway fight scene.Some forgettable supernatural series had scenes filmed in the churchyard behind Agnes Stewart/St. Peters schools. The New Statesman?

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

I don't think Cross Flatts Park was used for any of the Beiderbeck trilogy as I lived close by at the time and didn't recognise it. I am prepared to stand corrected though if someone knows better. I did recognise bits of Wortley Rec and streets between it and Oldfield Lane used in filming though.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Letty

Post by Letty »

Hey Leeds LassBedfords and silk mills... Tinshill middle went to Tinshill Priamry and is now an inclusive learning centre.Silk mills??? That could be a new thread. Were there really any Silk Mills? I know there were some mills on low lane. Any ideas?

Troll

Post by Troll »

There was Follyfoot, the farm's still at Eccup. Remember watching the programme in the 1970s. I even got a runners-up prize in a competition to design the record sleeve for the title song.Also Queenies castle, filmed in Quarryhill flats.
Go the Rhinos.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

hi all,been trying to split this thread as it has definitely gone monumentally off topic. unfortunately it doesn't seem to be an option at the moment - i reckon it's best to just pack up and start again somewhere else.will create a 'Leeds on film' thread in 'General chat' (as i get the feeling this thread is going to be a bit random)cheersdsco
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.