Gas main-Quarry Hill

Places to explore
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Don't recall ever coming accross that process goeff - will have to get me books out! I only remember the hydrogen/carbon monoxide mix, surprised the enrichment additives in the other process didn't upset the combustion characterisitcs.

geoffb

Post by geoffb »

chameleon wrote: Don't recall ever coming accross that process goeff - will have to get me books out! I only remember the hydrogen/carbon monoxide mix, surprised the enrichment additives in the other process didn't upset the combustion characterisitcs. getting technical now, the CV of the reformed naphtha was c300btu/ft3, the enrichment took it 500btu, the wobbe index number was the same as coal gas so had the same combustion characteristics. Not bad memory for 30 years ago eh!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

geoffb wrote: chameleon wrote: Don't recall ever coming accross that process goeff - will have to get me books out! I only remember the hydrogen/carbon monoxide mix, surprised the enrichment additives in the other process didn't upset the combustion characterisitcs. getting technical now, the CV of the reformed naphtha was c300btu/ft3, the enrichment took it 500btu, the wobbe index number was the same as coal gas so had the same combustion characteristics. Not bad memory for 30 years ago eh!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

geoffb wrote: chameleon wrote: Don't recall ever coming accross that process goeff - will have to get me books out! I only remember the hydrogen/carbon monoxide mix, surprised the enrichment additives in the other process didn't upset the combustion characterisitcs. getting technical now, the CV of the reformed naphtha was c300btu/ft3, the enrichment took it 500btu, the wobbe index number was the same as coal gas so had the same combustion characteristics. Not bad memory for 30 years ago eh! It's amazing how much this forum stirs the old grey matter isn't it! The odd sentance someone writes seems to open up a world of almost forgotten events and memories.