A pedestrian subway under Crown Point Road.

Places to explore
Leodian

A pedestrian subway under Crown Point Road.

Post by Leodian »

Being in the area on March 27 2018 I used a pedestrian subway under Crown Point Road. That subway links the Brewery Wharf area to the Royal Armouries area but I don't recall ever using it before nor possibly even seeing it though it probably is not very new. It has very nice brickwork on the outside and nice artistic work in its inside, though sadly some graffiti spoils the inside. It may not be the most exciting a subject but, hoping there will be some interest, I thought I would post these 2 photos that I took on March 27 2018 from the Brewery Wharf side.
SubwayStartBreweryWharfSideUnderCrownPointRoadConnectingBreweryWharfAndTheArmouriesAreasLeedsMarch272018..jpg
SubwayStartBreweryWharfSideUnderCrownPointRoadConnectingBreweryWharfAndTheArmouriesAreasLeedsMarch272018..jpg (146.88 KiB) Viewed 12125 times
SubwayUnderCrownPointRoadConnectingBreweryWharfAndTheArmouriesAreasLeedsMarch272018..jpg
SubwayUnderCrownPointRoadConnectingBreweryWharfAndTheArmouriesAreasLeedsMarch272018..jpg (135.83 KiB) Viewed 12125 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

tyke bhoy

Re: A pedestrian subway under Crown Point Road.

Post by tyke bhoy »

It's only just re-opened (last 12 months ish) having been closed off for a while. It was a bit dingy before being closed off so it was definitely refurbished. I would imagine it dates back at least as far as the massive road reconfiguration in the area that eventually led to the loop and the removal of the Arnold Laver warehouse roughly where the Hotel (Ibis?) now is
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/