Kirkstall Abbey tunnel.

Places to explore
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Phill, your "It would be a nice idea to think the Monks were partial to a bit of Widow Twanky. But i doubt it really" in your last post above made me LOL (Laugh out loud). I can imagine this being said "Go faster nuns up the tunnel to the City Varieties as the monks are just behind. Oh no they're not. Oh yes they are".
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

'I'm sure we haven't head the last about this 'secret tunnel' on S.L yet though'. . . . . Doyou know of a secret tunnel that goes out to North Leeds by any chance Phil?

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Thanks for that info Liits. You know i guessed the track and cobbles might still be in there.It's a very similar thing to this small railway tunnel i looked at in Halifax herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/4650544793/What a shame they didn't include it as a feature with the new building over the road. There landscaping all that area around the viaduct. Haha yes Leodian. Widow Twanky indeed P.S Liits. Wasn't there a pedestrian tunnel, and the railway tunnel?It does look so on the Google image.    
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

chameleon wrote: 'I'm sure we haven't head the last about this 'secret tunnel' on S.L yet though'. . . . . Doyou know of a secret tunnel that goes out to North Leeds by any chance Phil? Oh boy. I've lost count of them all
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I have an intellectual conundrum! If a tunnel is secret then how can we know of it? I think I need to rest my mind (though it rarely ever gets used, so it does already have lots of rest).

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Phill_dvsn wrote: chameleon wrote: 'I'm sure we haven't head the last about this 'secret tunnel' on S.L yet though'. . . . . Doyou know of a secret tunnel that goes out to North Leeds by any chance Phil? Oh boy. I've lost count of them all A very diplomatic way of saying it stays a secret Phil but then, we don't want folk being accused of trespassing on (or should I say Under)private land or anything do we now

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Leodian wrote: I have an intellectual conundrum! If a tunnel is secret then how can we know of it? I think I need to rest my mind (though it rarely ever gets used, so it does already have lots of rest). It's a very, very long story my friend - and cryptic is as good as it will get for now.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

chameleon wrote: Leodian wrote: I have an intellectual conundrum! If a tunnel is secret then how can we know of it? I think I need to rest my mind (though it rarely ever gets used, so it does already have lots of rest). It's a very, very long story my friend - and cryptic is as good as it will get for now. That made me I think cryptic is a good word to use when talking of tunnels seeing as crypts are underground rooms beneath a church (or dare I say it, an Abbey!).

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Leodian wrote: chameleon wrote: Leodian wrote: I have an intellectual conundrum! If a tunnel is secret then how can we know of it? I think I need to rest my mind (though it rarely ever gets used, so it does already have lots of rest). It's a very, very long story my friend - and cryptic is as good as it will get for now. That made me I think cryptic is a good word to use when talking of tunnels seeing as crypts are underground rooms beneath a church (or dare I say it, an Abbey!). Well, there is what could be a church at he end of this suggested tunnel, but it isn't and never was

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

I found a deep crack between a couple of setts and I thought, this might just be it....