Kirkstall Abbey tunnel.

Places to explore
Leodian
PostsCOLON 5838
JoinedCOLON Thu 10 Jun, 2010 8:03 am

Postby Leodian » Thu 23 Sep, 2010 7:07 pm

Phill, your "It would be a nice idea to think the Monks were partial to a bit of Widow Twanky. But i doubt it really" in your last post above made me LOL (Laugh out loud). Regular Smiley

I can imagine this being said "Go faster nuns up the tunnel to the City Varieties as the monks are just behind. Oh no they're not. Oh yes they are".
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.
chameleon
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 5462
JoinedCOLON Thu 29 Mar, 2007 6:16 pm

Postby chameleon » Thu 23 Sep, 2010 7:12 pm

'I'm sure we haven't head the last about this 'secret tunnel' on S.L yet though'. . . . .

Doyou know of a secret tunnel that goes out to North Leeds by any chance Phil?WinkWinkWink
Phill_dvsn
PostsCOLON 4423
JoinedCOLON Wed 21 Feb, 2007 5:47 am

Postby Phill_dvsn » Thu 23 Sep, 2010 7:13 pm

Thanks for that info Liits. You know i guessed the track and cobbles might still be in there.

It's a very similar thing to this small railway tunnel i looked at in Halifax here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/4650544793/

What a shame they didn't include it as a feature with the new building over the road. There landscaping all that area around the viaduct.

Haha yes Leodian. Widow Twanky indeed Wink

P.S Liits. Wasn't there a pedestrian tunnel, and the railway tunnel?
It does look so on the Google image.    
My flickr pictures are here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!
Phill_dvsn
PostsCOLON 4423
JoinedCOLON Wed 21 Feb, 2007 5:47 am

Postby Phill_dvsn » Thu 23 Sep, 2010 7:14 pm

chameleon wrote:
'I'm sure we haven't head the last about this 'secret tunnel' on S.L yet though'. . . . .

Doyou know of a secret tunnel that goes out to North Leeds by any chance Phil?WinkWinkWink

Oh boy. I've lost count of them all Wink
My flickr pictures are here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Leodian
PostsCOLON 5838

Postby Leodian » Thu 23 Sep, 2010 7:18 pm

I have an intellectual conundrum! If a tunnel is secret then how can we know of it? I think I need to rest my mind (though it rarely ever gets used, so it does already have lots of rest). Regular Smiley
chameleon
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 5462

Postby chameleon » Thu 23 Sep, 2010 9:14 pm

Phill_dvsn wrote:
chameleon wrote:

Oh boy. I've lost count of them all Wink

A very diplomatic way of saying it stays a secret Phil but then, we don't want folk being accused of trespassing on (or should I say Under)private land or anything do we nowRegular Smiley
chameleon
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 5462

Postby chameleon » Thu 23 Sep, 2010 9:16 pm

Leodian wrote:
I have an intellectual conundrum! If a tunnel is secret then how can we know of it? I think I need to rest my mind (though it rarely ever gets used, so it does already have lots of rest). Regular Smiley

It's a very, very long story my friend - and cryptic is as good as it will get for now. Regular Smiley
Leodian
PostsCOLON 5838

Postby Leodian » Thu 23 Sep, 2010 9:34 pm

chameleon wrote:
Leodian wrote:

It's a very, very long story my friend - and cryptic is as good as it will get for now. Regular Smiley

That made me Regular Smiley

I think cryptic is a good word to use when talking of tunnels seeing as crypts are underground rooms beneath a church (or dare I say it, an Abbey!). Regular Smiley

chameleon
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 5462

Postby chameleon » Thu 23 Sep, 2010 10:38 pm

Leodian wrote:
chameleon wrote:
Leodian wrote:

That made me Regular Smiley

I think cryptic is a good word to use when talking of tunnels seeing as crypts are underground rooms beneath a church (or dare I say it, an Abbey!). Regular Smiley

Well, there is what could be a church at he end of this suggested tunnel, but it isn't and never wasCool
Cardiarms
PostsCOLON 2990
JoinedCOLON Tue 21 Oct, 2008 8:30 am

Postby Cardiarms » Thu 23 Sep, 2010 10:42 pm

I found a deep crack between a couple of setts and I thought, this might just be it....

Return to