Sports ground mystery

Places to explore
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Ossiewaller wrote: Just had a quick look at this thread and it immediately took me back to an old sports ground i used to frequent as a kid in the 70s/early 80s, which also went for development; the old YMCA ground off Osmondthorpe Lane. I was surprised at the time how many houses they managed to get on that site however those small housing plots seem the norm.Again in the same area, I am pleasently pleased to see that the ground off Skelton Road is still in use. there was a period where it wasn't being used and i thought that that may also go the way of development. As an Ossyite living very close by and as a child in the late 1940's to the mid 1950's I used to go to and play around the YMCA ground and the Skelton Road football ground. Climbing onto the roof of a factory site at one side of the Skelton Road football ground to get into the site to play and explore around was fun. That site (next to Ings Road) had a small length of railtrack and a small engine if I recall correctly and lots of exciting things to find, before being regularly chased off.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.