Dissapearing tunnel

Places to explore
Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

LOl. I know someone who knows those tunnels very well, He was engineer in it for years.Were talking at the mo lol
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Goodygumdrops
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Glenny3363

Post by Glenny3363 »

Not sure what the signs are, they are brand new, like they were put there yesterday!! They are aluminium with a reflective white coating and are fixed to the walls with stainless steel screws.    
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Si

Post by Si »

Quote from Phill-d:There is supposed to be a fabled gold Soveriegn built into the 1894 new tunnel of Standedge, it seems a lot of people believe it too, the mortar has been attacked over the years leaving big gouges, no ones found it yet tho lol                     A-ha! But how do you know no-one's found it!?     

BIG N

Post by BIG N »

GLENNY - probably been put up to help engineers surveying the tunnel, some sort of reference point for anything that needs recording etc while they check out the structural integrity of the tunnel.

Gmintyfresh

Post by Gmintyfresh »

Going to have another look around these remnants of station soon. Won an old postcard off eBay the other day showing a shot of Pudsey Lowtown Station that I've never seen before, will post when it arrives. Anyone noticed that they're pulling down some of the old buildings on Carlisle Road, slightly worrying.    

tilly

Post by tilly »

Si wrote: Quote from Phill-d:There is supposed to be a fabled gold Soveriegn built into the 1894 new tunnel of Standedge, it seems a lot of people believe it too, the mortar has been attacked over the years leaving big gouges, no ones found it yet tho lol                      A-ha! But how do you know no-one's found it!?     Hi Si Its not has daft as it sounds i know that when Morley Tunnel was finished coins were placed under one of the foundation stones.I cant remember were i read it either Mayhalls Annals of Yorkshire or A History Of Morley.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

chameleon wrote: @ Phil _http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-26238939 Thanks for that Chameleon, I saw it when it was on the news the other day. Interesting to watch, it will never happen though. It's in very bad condition inside, it's obviously a cause for concern regarding the desire to fill it in.
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Gmintyfresh wrote: Going to have another look around these remnants of station soon. Won an old postcard off eBay the other day showing a shot of Pudsey Lowtown Station that I've never seen before, will post when it arrives. Anyone noticed that they're pulling down some of the old buildings on Carlisle Road, slightly worrying.     4 August 2010"will post when it arrives"......!