Underground Leeds-A virtual tour

Places to explore
whatdoesthisbuttondo

Post by whatdoesthisbuttondo »

Diverted back here from Phil's Flickr page...Yet again some excellent documentation from Phil. Keep up the good work mate!!

grumpytramp

Post by grumpytramp »

PhilSláinte to 2011! Congratulations on another real loiners "tours de force"You have consistently produced brilliant documentaries about urban Leeds that are full of beautiful photographs and really well researched back up information. When I think back over the numerous suberb posts here and at your own blog; I really think that the depth of your explorations and research should be crystallised into the defininitive book on the industrial and social history of Leeds in the context of what remains in the modern city. I for one would buy a copy!G

chemimike

Post by chemimike »

I would second grumpy tramp's comments, and certainly buy a copy.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Put me down for a copy too please - signed by the author of course !!
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I would guess that having a book published will be expensive. Some books are published once enough subscribers have paid in advance and so its publication can go ahead with the subscribers names being published. That may be worth considering here. I would certainly be happy to subscribe to having Phil's excellent works published.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Leodian wrote: I would guess that having a book published will be expensive. Some books are published once enough subscribers have paid in advance and so its publication can go ahead with the subscribers names being published. That may be worth considering here. I would certainly be happy to subscribe to having Phil's excellent works published. We could end up with a book full of SL members - maybe a few pages spare for Phill's piccies too

tilly

Post by tilly »

Well done phill it takes a good man to go were only the rats would go.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

fell runner

Post by fell runner »

Me and a few friends re-traced Phill's footsteps last week. Absolutely fascinating it was too. Thanks to Phill for the superb photos of the trip.Before we got into the actual culvert we saw three baby tawny owls high up in a tree near Meanwood Urban Valley farm, also a couple of yellow wagtails came flying towards us out of one of the tunnels !Surprisingly didnt see a single rat all the time we were down there.Only got wet feet once and that was climbing out of Clarence Dock at the end !!

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

fell runner wrote: Me and a few friends re-traced Phill's footsteps last week. Absolutely fascinating it was too. Thanks to Phill for the superb photos of the trip.Before we got into the actual culvert we saw three baby tawny owls high up in a tree near Meanwood Urban Valley farm, also a couple of yellow wagtails came flying towards us out of one of the tunnels !Surprisingly didnt see a single rat all the time we were down there.Only got wet feet once and that was climbing out of Clarence Dock at the end !! Glad you enjoyed the trip and well done However I have in the past, and can't emphasise enough now how important it is for people NOT to make an exhibition in the very public place at Clarence Dock, of either climbing into, or out of the culvert there. Especially in light of the latest death in the river Aire Robert Stoner which was only weeks ago. The safety of the river Aire is extremely high profile at the moment, as can be seen in the latest Yorkshire Evening Post story herehttp://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/lat ... 2864People seen climbing about around that area is really going to cause some serious trouble shortly. I urge anyone to think again about such actions. The area around Clarence dock is very busy these days, it's opposite the Royal armouries attraction, the place is full of family with children. The emergency services have already been called out to one such incident as it is.    
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Also making your point Phill. . . . http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... _1_3261941