Tithe map appointments

Places to explore
The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

Grumpytramp has left the building leaving me anxious to find out how you look up the Tithe Map appointments that describe the incumbents to each numbered plot of land - worth surfing whilst the ice traps us in- can anyone help here???

grumpytramp

Post by grumpytramp »

The Parksider wrote: Grumpytramp has left the building leaving me anxious to find out how you look up the Tithe Map appointments that describe the incumbents to each numbered plot of land - worth surfing whilst the ice traps us in- can anyone help here??? ParkieApologies I have introduced a typo .......... it is not appointments it is the Tithe ApportionmentsLook at the Tithe Map Digital Resource http://locateit.leeds.gov.uk/tithemaps/Then find the land parcel you are interested in and note its number. Importantly also note in the centred on box the relevant parishClick next on the box in the centre titled Search All Tithe ApportionmentsSelect the tab marked Place Search and select the relevant parish and then scroll through to find the land parcel number of interest.You also search on landowners/occupiersBare in mind that this is in effect a land registery for one moment in time (check the full plot to establish the date of the Tithe Map in question) but is exceptional useful for identifying the purpose of a property or field enclosure. It was the first time I have used the Apportionment references ....... its a cracking tool!

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

grumpytramp wrote: The Parksider wrote: Grumpytramp has left the building leaving me anxious to find out how you look up the Tithe Map appointments that describe the incumbents to each numbered plot of land - worth surfing whilst the ice traps us in- can anyone help here??? ParkieApologies I have introduced a typo .......... it is not appointments it is the Tithe ApportionmentsLook at the Tithe Map Digital Resource http://locateit.leeds.gov.uk/tithemaps/Then find the land parcel you are interested in and note its number. Importantly also note in the centred on box the relevant parishClick next on the box in the centre titled Search All Tithe ApportionmentsSelect the tab marked Place Search and select the relevant parish and then scroll through to find the land parcel number of interest.You also search on landowners/occupiersBare in mind that this is in effect a land registery for one moment in time (check the full plot to establish the date of the Tithe Map in question) but is exceptional useful for identifying the purpose of a property or field enclosure. It was the first time I have used the Apportionment references ....... its a cracking tool! You are a star ta......