Unseen Leeds Documentary

Places to explore
Shinybiscuit

Post by Shinybiscuit »

cnosni wrote: Do you know a Jamie Stevens or frequent the Bar Works pub? Nope, can't say that I do either of those things I'm afraid...how come?

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

cnosni wrote: Si wrote: I'd be happy to speak about the skulls. Anyone else want to join me? Chris, Drapesy, Steve, Lee, etc? Might be an opportunity to publicise this cause once again?See "A Very Old Establishment Down The Skulls Head Yard" thread, Shinybiscuit.         On one condition,that so as to add an air of mystery that we are filmed in the dark,in a pub with our voises disguised.Not sure ten minutes would be enough,having said that,after anyone listening to us talk for 10 seconds theyd be reaching for the remote!! Thought your voices were always disguised after 10 minutes in the pub ChrisGood call for the skulls - at the very least gets it recorded for posterity    

Si

Post by Si »

Shinybiscuit wrote: So, anybody interested in being interviewed then? I'd like to point out that it's a uni documentary so it won't be on national TV or anything... That's a shame. I was hoping the repeat fees would keep me in beer!

Shinybiscuit

Post by Shinybiscuit »

cnosni wrote: Si wrote: I'd be happy to speak about the skulls. Anyone else want to join me? Chris, Drapesy, Steve, Lee, etc? Might be an opportunity to publicise this cause once again?See "A Very Old Establishment Down The Skulls Head Yard" thread, Shinybiscuit.         On one condition,that so as to add an air of mystery that we are filmed in the dark,in a pub with our voises disguised.Not sure ten minutes would be enough,having said that,after anyone listening to us talk for 10 seconds theyd be reaching for the remote!! The skulls would be a really interesting thing to include in our doc, would you really be willing/able to be filmed? I'm sure we could stretch our loans to afford pints for willing participants. Not that I'm bribing anybody, of course.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

In that case I'll be a back ground extra: "Man in Pub"

Shinybiscuit

Post by Shinybiscuit »

We aren't allowed to film in pubs as far as I'm aware - every one we've been to has declined us on accounts of "unpermissable advertising" or something similar. We tried filming the Angel because of its "oldest pub in Leeds" status, but the guys behind the bar were having none of it....Sorry about that "man in pub"

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Shinybiscuit wrote: We aren't allowed to film in pubs as far as I'm aware - every one we've been to has declined us on accounts of "unpermissable advertising" or something similar. We tried filming the Angel because of its "oldest pub in Leeds" status, but the guys behind the bar were having none of it....Sorry about that "man in pub" mmmm. makes you wonder - would think advertising in this climate was good

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Shinybiscuit wrote: We aren't allowed to film in pubs as far as I'm aware - every one we've been to has declined us on accounts of "unpermissable advertising" or something similar. We tried filming the Angel because of its "oldest pub in Leeds" status, but the guys behind the bar were having none of it....Sorry about that "man in pub" The Angel is a Sam Smiths pub which are VERY strictly managed.Have you tried asking at the Whitelocks which IMO is the most famous pub in Leeds

Shinybiscuit

Post by Shinybiscuit »

uncle mick wrote: The Angel is a Sam Smiths pub which are VERY strictly managed.Have you tried asking at the Whitelocks which IMO is the most famous pub in Leeds I haven't actually, I'll give them a ring and see what they say. thanks a lot

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Don't mention about the Angel being the oldest pub, they may have a strong opinion to express.