Another Beck.....or stream?

Places to explore
Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Another one...Starts at the plauing field on the corner of shadwell Lane and Highmoor crescent. Heads east. Briefly on the surface around Vale Road and Roman Road Synagogue. Back under ground heading est where it emerges as a 'pond' on Summerhill Place/grove (?). Then South east to Roundhay park upper lake.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Christ that took a morning of lost posts.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Cardiarms wrote: Third attempt...Stain beckRises north of Carr Manor in St Alfred's Way and heads south, picking up other courses from Carr manor School Fileds. The initial bit may be visible as the western boundary of Carr manor house. South to Stainbeck lane. Down the south side of stainbeck lane behind the houses to Potterneton Lane where it emerges as far as Meanwood road and then back underground until it meets Meanwood beck by the south west corner of the cricket pitch. Cardi - I've lost that a little - can you confirm it is Stainbeck Lane, not Road please? Looking on Google Earth, I can see something there but not in line with the Lane.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Sorry, south to Stainbeck ROAD, just to the east of Carrholm Grove, and then South East down the back of the houses, the green strip that's not been developed, allt the way to potternewton lane.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

The pond is in in Summerhill Gardens.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Another one rises and possibly on the surface behindGarden View Court and Park Villas in Roundhay, reaching Old park Road just to the west of the Ttennis courts. it's then culverted south east to Pirnces Avenue just north of the car park and joined by a ditch from the south side of the tennis courts. It goes east and emerges in Fox Wood for a while, before being culverted south east uder the sorts field and down to the lake at the cafe.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

There's a few more in East Leeds draining into the Wyke Beck.

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

With a lot of clicks, this mapping site will go from large scale road maps, down to 1:50000 and eventually down to street level.Most of the streams and becks discussed in this thread are shown when they are on the surfacehttp://wtp2.appspot.com/mobile/mobile.htm

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Cardiarms wrote: There's a few more in East Leeds draining into the Wyke Beck. Cardi - enlightenment please - we know of several joining in the vincinity of South Parkway ( YW published some useful maps with the report on the flooding there the other year but have deleted them, they say, without keeping an archive copy!!), and I know of the one at York Road from Killingbeck and at least one which crossed 'Primrose Valley' from the railway track (water can still be heard from a chamber cover at the point where many small outlets once emerged running from under the (then) embankment from the direction of the Hospital.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Will do, I'll do it off line and then paste to avoid the frustrations of this morning.There will be a copy of that report around, probably within 50ft of me, it's just someone doesn't dare entrust it to the archives.